The Battle rages on

Lillie's POV-

I stared on in awe and delight at Snowy as she stood there on the battlefield. She was battered and bruised after being hit by Clefable's Brick Break move, yet she still stood there, ready to fight on and continue pushing forward. In a way she's many times stronger than I was back then, and might even be stronger than I am now.

My eyes began scanning the battlefield, and taking in the sight of all the debris and cover that was between Snowy and Clefable. I took a deep breath after a few moments of considering all the options, and the best way to go about beating my very first Pokemon.

"Snowy, are you ready to make our counter attack?" I questioned her, making sure to get her attention as I spoke to her.

Snowy turned her head to look back at me, as she let out a cry of approval in response to my question.

"Alright Snowy, let's start off with  Double Team,  make sure they can't tell which one you are." I told her, as I heard a scoff from the otherside of the battlefield.

When I lifted my gaze from Snowy, I found Lusamine laughing as she looked back at me. "You think a simple move like Double team is going to trip me up during all of this? Oh how naive of you." She said as she let out another condescending laugh.

Her laughing was like nails on a chalkboard to my ears, but I couldn't let that get to me right now. "You know Lusamine, it's that kind of ignorance that's gonna make you lose this battle!" I shouted to her.

Snowy's body started glowing with a light blue outline, as copies started appearing from her, and began forming a circle around Clefable. Once Clefable was fully encircled, I waited for Lusamine to make the next move. I knew where Snowy was in the double team, we had practiced it on the day we trained with Ash.

Lusamine snickered and looked at me. "Aww, you're still not gonna call me mother, that's hurtful to me dear daughter." She said in a mocking tone as she spoke. "But alas, it's time to end these games, Clefable, I think you can tell which one is the real one. Use Meteor Mash and destroy the little runt." She continued.

Clefable's fist started to glow yellow as she rushed towards where it thought Snowy was, which was the completely opposite direction of where she actually was.

I grinned to myself and decided to try and fake out Lusamine and Clefable. "Snowy, dodge and rush Clefable, then use Ice Beam." I told her, as I waited for Snowy to rush Clefable from behind.

Clefable put all of it's momentum into the swing of it's Meteor Mash, certain that it was going to send Snowy flying. so much so that when she struck the copy and passed right through it, she lost her balance and almost fell over. That's when Snowy dropped the double team and rushed Clefable.

Snowy crossed the distance of the battlefield very quickly and in a matter of moments was almost ontop of Clefable. Snowy didn't risk getting too close to Clefable, but from where she was, there was no way that Clefable could dodge the attack. Snowy opened her mouth and a blue aura formed at her mouth as she got ready to fire her Ice Beam.

"Clefable, make yourself useful and use Flamethrower." Lusamine told Clefable, as she stood there with an almost sadistic smile on her face, she knew exactly what would happen when the attacks would connect.

Clefable turned on Snowy and opened her mouth, letting forth an intense flame that rocketed towards Snowy, as Snowy let forth her own Ice Beam. The two attacks made contact in the space between them, neither one giving any ground. Only a few moments passed before the attacks combined and the space between the two of them exploded, sending both Clefable and Snowy flying back towards their respective sides of the field.