A Day on the Town

Ash's POV-

"Somethings off about Lillie." I thought to myself. 

I hadn't noticed at first, but Lillie was unusually quiet today. She hadn't said a single word to me today, which was worrying. 

The school day had gone by faster than I thought it was going to. Most everyone had filtered out of the classroom by the time I had finished packing my stuff up. The class had planned on getting together at Mallow's restaurant to hang out on Sunday.

I was heading to the door of the classroom, when I was stopped by Lillie. 

"H-hey Ash." Lillie quietly muttered. 

"Hey Lillie, how are you doing today?" I asked her.

"I'm good, thank you for asking." She responded.

I nodded and smiled at her. "No problem Lillie."

We stood there in awkward silence for a few seconds, while I tried thinking of how to continue the conversation. 

"Hey Ash...did you...want to hang out today, I-if you don't have anything going." She stammered. 

I chuckled a bit before nodding. "Yeah sure Lillie, I don't have anything going today." I said.

"Do you mind if we stop by Kukui's place, I want to let him know that I'm not gonna be back till later." I asked her.

Lillie shook her head. "Not at all Ash, go ahead and do what you need to." She told me.

I smiled at her and put my backpack on. "Well then let's get going." I said as I walked out the door and turned back to her, waiting for her to follow me.

Lillie followed me out the door of the room and through the school. Once outside, we set off in the direction of professor Kukui's home.

It was pretty hot outside, though a balmy breeze made it a livable warm, which in turn made the walk much more bearable. 

I sighed and smiled to myself. "You know Lillie, it's weather like this that I love, it's not too hot outside, and it's not to cold outside." I said.

I glanced over at Lillie and saw her nod. "This weather is amazing, especially when most of the time it's really warm out." She said.

"Yeah.." I said, "so Lillie, I gotta ask...why don't you have a Pokemon of your own?" I asked her.

Lillie grimaced and looked down at the path we were walking on, almost like she was studying every single little rock on the path.

"If you...don't wanna talk about it then that's ok, I'm sorry I asked." I told her.

She looked back at me with a saddend expression and nodded. "Sorry Ash...It's just something I don't like talking about" Lillie quietly muttered. 

I nodded in understanding. "That's fine Lillie, no need to tell me if you don't want to." I told her.

We continued walking down the path in relative silence. 

"I wondered what could of happened to her Pokemon?" I pondered.

I looked over at Lillie and saw her looking out over the edge of the path and across the city.

"So Lillie, what did you wanna do after we leave professor Kukui's place?" I asked her.

I really had no idea as to what she might have had planned for the day.

Lillie looked back at me and smiled slightly. "Well...I have a few ideas as to what we could do." She responded.

"What might those ideas be?" I questioned.