Depths of Hell

Lillie's POV-

My eye's darted from side to side as the elevator continued its descent. Windows broke up the monotonous walls of the elevator shaft every so often, allowing us a glimpse at the different levels of the underground bunker. I glanced over at Ash and saw him grimacing a bit, before looking over at Kukui and finding that he had a thoughtful look on his face.

"H-how far do you think this goes down?" I tentatively asked, not quite sure if I really wanted to know the answer or not.

Ash tilted his head back and let out a small sigh as he looked up towards the top of the elevator shaft. "Well if I'm being honest, I'm not quite sure. I'm guessing that it'll only go for a couple more levels." Ash replied.

A few seconds passed before the elevators descent slowed down and came to a stop. "Or I could be wrong." Ash muttered.

The wall in front of us let out a low yet sudden creaking sound, causing me to jump in surprise and slight fright. I watched it retract into the walls and open up to reveal a path for us to travel down.

"Oh, it was just the doors..good." I muttered to myself.

I started slowly walking towards the door, when Ash suddenly grabbed a hold of my hand and pulled me up beside him. His back was pressed up against the wall beside the opened doorway.

I gave him a curious look, while I felt my face heating up a bit, as I wondered what he was doing.

His eye's darted from side to side as he peaked around the corner and into the corridor. "This... doesn't seem right, there should be someone guarding the door to the elevator, right?" Ash asked.

After a moment of thought I nodded. "That's true...where is everyone?" I responded quietly.

Ash shrugged, before leaning over and peering around the corner once more. He stayed like that before leaning back and looking at Kukui and I. "It looks like everything is clear at the moment, though I get the feeling that it's a trap." Ash told us.

"That would make sense...Though..what should we do, assuming it's a trap?" I asked him.

"I don't know if there is anything we can do other than keep moving forward. Going up to another floor and going down a seperate way might end up taking more time than we can afford to waste." Ash responded.

I nodded and took a deep breath. "Alright, let's go then, the sooner we get this done the sooner we can get out of here." I told them.

Kukui let out a cough from behind us. "If you two want me to...I can go and search the upper floors while you two handle the one down here." Kukui said. "I can make my way down to the lower floor after I've searched the upper ones." He continued.

I glanced over at Ash and then to Kukui. "Would you really be willing to do that? I mean, you'd be going it alone up there with no backup." I pointed out.

Kukui chuckled. "Yeah I'm ok with it, I have quite a bit of experience in this sort of thing, so this should be a breeze." He responded, a grin present on his face as he spoke.

I smiled softly and nodded. "It would be greatly appreciated if you could, that way we don't have to worry about missing him if he's on the upper floors." I responded.

Ash's POV-

I had kept watch from the elevator doorway while Lillie and Kukui discussed what to do. It took a couple of minutes, but we soon got a plan together. I stopped leaning around the corner and looking into the hallway for a moment, to see Lillie giving me a thumbs up.

I glanced back at Kukui and smiled at him while Lillie walked over to me and stood beside me. I looked over at her and smiled softly. "You ready Lills?" I asked her.