Finishing The Battle

Ash's POV-

The battle was going to be drawing to a close soon, I knew that, and Lusamine sure as hell knew it. These next couple of battles were going to decide what happened next, and I was looking forward to beating her and returning home with Lillie and everyone else. I stole a quick glance at Lillie as she stood beside me, and I smiled softly at her, before turning my attention back to Lusamine.

'Alright Ash, you can think about what comes next, after you finish this fight. It's time to focus.' I thought to myself, as I stood there and let my eye's drift across the battlefield.

"Alright Bewear, why don't you go and pluck the wings off that flying lizard." Lusamine said as she pointed to Charizard, who was standing beside me on my side of the field.

Bewear wasted no time at all, as she moved onto the battlefield. She looked like she was raring to fight. While she stood on the opposite end of the field, and waited for the battle to begin.

Charizard let out a little snort, as he slapped his tail against the ground, as he moved onto the field to face off against his next opponent. Meanwhile, my eyes drifted back over to Lillie as I looked at her and whispered to her. "Hey Lills, I've never faced off against a Bewear, what exactly should I be expecting here?" I asked her, hoping I could get a bit of info before the match started.

"Well it's a normal-fighting type, and is considered to be very dangerous, especially in Alola. It's been known to snap full grown trees with a single swing of its arms." Lillie responded.

I grimaced a bit as I turned my attention back to the battle. 'Well that's not good, hopefully that thing is as slow as it looks.' I thought to myself, as I readied myself for the battle ahead.

"Alright Charizard, let's get up into the air. Make sure to stay out of Bewear's reach." I told him.

Charizard grunted and took to the sky, before he began circling the Bewear. 'Alright, now that we're in the air, this should be an easy fight.' I thought to myself.

"Alright Bewear, why don't you go and fetch the lizard!" I heard Lusamine shout from across the field.

I watched as the Bewear took a running start towards where Charizard was in the sky, before jumping.

My jaw dropped as I watched the Bewear sail through the sky and towards Charizard. "Oh holy crap, Charizard, dodge!" I shouted to him.

Charizard rolled to the right as the Bewear almost got a hold of him and snatched him out of the sky. I watched in relief as the Bewear fell back to the ground, after failing to snatch Charizard out of the sky.

'Oh holy crap, that's a lot worse than I thought it was going to be.' I thought to myself as I stood there in shock.

"Alright Bewear, follow it up with Rock Tomb!" Lusamine shouted from across the field.

Bewear let out a cry as boulders started appearing in the sky, and rocketing down towards Charizard, in an attempt to knock him out of the sky.

"Focus on evading for now Charizard, don't try to attack just yet!" I shouted to him, before my eye's drifted back to the Bewear.

'I gotta figure out how to put this thing down, without letting it get a hit in on Charizard.' I thought to myself as Charizard kept rolling and evading the boulders that were speeding down towards him from above.

After a few moments, the barrage of boulders finally subsided, and Charizard was able to focus on attacking again.

"Charizard, roast him with a Flamethrower attack, full power!" I shouted to him.