Things Are Going South

Ash's POV-

I looked up at Lusamine as she looked down at me, I could see a glint of amusment and mockery in her eyes as she kicked me in my broken ribs again, making me cry out in pain. She was enjoying this, the pain, the battle, the harm she was bringing to others. She was enjoying all of it.

"Aww, look at the weak little trainer who thought he could do something and make a difference." She said with a snicker, while a grin was present on her face as she taunted me. "Now I hope you remember your place, and just sit there like the useless little bug that you are." She continued.

I coughed a little bit as I was trying to recover from the kick to my broken ribs. "You know, you talk a lot of shit for someone who has more hair than personality." I responded.

"Oh look at that, you've still got some spirit left in you." Lusamine responded as she kneeled down and grabbed a handful of my hair and lifted my head up. "Allow me to break what's left of that for you." She told me with a menacing tone.

I was about to ask how she was planning to do that, when an explosion rang out nearby. She let go of my hair as she stood up to see what the explosion was. I turned my gaze to follow where she was looking, to see the last group of guards that were nearby, get thrown into the air like a bunch of rag dolls, as another explosion rang out.

Smoke billowed up from where the explosion was, blocking my view of what was on the other side of the smoke. A few seconds later, a figure came through the smoke. It took me a few seconds to realize who exactly it was.

She walked through the smoke with a confident stride, and fire in her eyes,, one that brought a smile to my face, I could tell just how far she's come since we had first met back in the school yard.

I let out a weak chuckle as she came forward with my Pokemon in tow behind her. Each one of them run ragged from the intense fighting.

'I'm gonna have to treat them to a feast when we get through this, they've earned it.' I thought to myself as I layed there on the ground.

"About time you got here Lillie." I said with a weak laugh, one that let her know that I was happy to see her.

"Sorry about that Ashy, I hope I didn't keep you waiting for very long." She responded.

Lillies POV-

My gaze drifted to Ash as his battered form was laid across the floor. I internally cringed, and looked at Lusamine and glared at her.

"Don't worry Ashy, I'll try and finish this as quickly as I can." I told him, before I let my eyes drift around the area, taking in everything and seeing what exactly I could use to turn the situation in my favor.

"Look at that, the unwanted child has come crawling back to me, I guess you couldn't make it our there like you originally thought." She said as she laughed and taunted me over and over again.

My thoughts drifted to the person standing across from me, the one who was supposed to be my mother, and was supposed to raise me. But instead knocked me down for most of my life. The sight of her alone made me start shaking, bringing back memories of the things that she'd done to me, the ways she tormented me throughout my life. All of it came flooding back to me, as I was face to face with the person who betrayed me and cast me aside.

My eyes drifted back to Ash as he was laid there on the ground, defensless and relying on me to finish this fight. I took a deep breath as I raised my head and met her eyes. 'Come on Lillie, you can't falter now, you've got this, Ash is counting on you.' I thought to myself as I started approaching her.

"Oh, you're approaching me?" She said in a mocking tone.

"I can't beat the crap out of you without getting closer to you." I responded to her.

Hey everyone, sorry for there being such a short chapter this time around, I've got an idea for the next chapter already, and I wanted to make sure the transition for it wasn't severely disjointed. So this is what I was able to think of for it.

I hope everyone had an amazing christmas, or holiday, and new years, if anyone has any questions or comments, don't hesitate to post them, also, I will be posting a poll soon, I'm curious about everyones favorite characters so far, and who you'd like to see more of in the story.

I hope you all have a wonderful day, and I'll see all of you in the next chapter.

-Pearlshipper332