A brief respite from the battle

Lillie's POV-

My heart sank as I stood there, frozen in place as the tears rolled down my face and fell to the ground. I silently prayed and hoped that Ash would be alive when the smoke finally cleared. When the smoke finally started to clear,  I found that there was a large Pokemon sitting in front of Donphan and Sceptile.  As the smoke cleared a bit more with each passing second, it was apparent that the large Pokemon was a Snorlax.

"Well, it's a good thing that I made it in time, otherwise that could of been really bad."

My gaze drifted up to the sky as I followed where the familiar voice came from. A small teary smile made it's way onto my face as I found myself looking at Professor Kukui, while he was sat on the back of his Braviery.

"You sure took your sweet time Professor, I thought that was the end of the road for me there."

I recognized the second voice immediately, and before I realized it, I  had sprinted past Donphan and Sceptile, and tackled the boy that was standing behind them.

My free arm wrapped around his midsection as I buried my face into his chest, the tears still rolling down my face as I cried. "Oh my god A-Ash!" I cried out as I spoke to him.

"I-I was so scared... I thought.. I-I thought.." I started crying even harder before I could even finish my sentence.

Ash's POV- 

I looked down at Lillie and felt her shuddering and shaking as she cried into my chest, leaving a wet spot on my already torn and tattered shirt. It took me a moment for my mind to catch up to what was going on around me, but I slowly brought my hands down to her midsection and wrapped them around her, gently hugging her and holding her.

"Hey, hey, it's okay Lills, I'm here, I'm not leaving you, and I don't plan on going down that easily. I've got you, okay?" I said to her, as I leaned in and gently rested my head against hers. While ignoring the pain I was feeling from the injuries that I had.

I let my gaze drift up from Lillie, to see where Professor Kukui was, only to see Professor Kukui landing with his Braviery, before getting off of him and making his way to me. "So, how bad is the situation Ash?" He asked me, a sense of urgency present in his voice as he spoke.

"Well, let me put it this way, if there wasn't hundreds of Pokemon in this place, and people we were trying to save in this place. I would nuke this place from orbit and be done with it." I replied, a bit of humor in my voice as I spoke. "But no, in all actuality, the situation is pretty jacked up, not gonna lie." I continued as I watched Professor Kukui nod.

"So what do you recommend doing right now then Ash?" He asked me.

I took a moment to think through my response, as I let my gaze drift from Professor Kukui, to Lillie as I held her in my arms. I started slowly rubbing her back as she soon stopped crying, and just hugged me a bit tighter as she held onto me.

I slowly lifted my gaze back up to Professor Kukui, and nodded as I finished thinking about what to tell him. "You see that big ass spire in the back of the room, apparently that's a portal to some dimension or place called ultra space. If you can disable that thing, but not destroy it, because I have no idea what will happen if it's destroyed." I replied to him, a tone of uncertainty present in my voice as I spoke to him.

Professor Kukui grinned as he got a thoughtful look on his face. "Hmm, I think I should be able to disable the system on this portal, though it might take a little bit to do it safely and effectively. Do you think that you and Lillie can keep Lusamine's attention off of me for that long?" He asked me.

I let out a hearty chuckle as I responded to his question. "Are you kidding me Professor, I can taunt her and mess with her for as long as needed, how do you think I got this banged up? I taunted her a little more than I probably should of." I said as I laughed.