Turn the Tide

Ash's POV-

I sat there propped up against the boulder that Lillie had dragged me behind. My gaze drifted around to the rest of the group, letting my eyes linger on each of them for a couple of seconds, before looking towards another. My eyes came to a rest on Lillie, she had taken control of the group and was trying her best to direct everyone once she had finished tending to me. I couldn't hear anything being said because my ears were still ringing, though after a couple of minutes my hearing finally returned.

Explosions, crashes, and various other sounds rang through the battlefield. That was all I could hear for the first few seconds once my hearing returned. I winced a little bit in those first few seconds, as everything sounded much louder than it really was.

I let out a little grunt of pain as I slowly pulled myself to my feet , using the boulder as a bit of a crutch as I slowly stood up. Lillie looked over at me as I stood up, eyes wide with concern as she rushed over to me and helped me up.

"Ash you shouldn't be moving just yet, you haven't even had a few minutes to let yourself recover!" Lillie pleaded.

I let out a pained chuckled as I nodded. "I know Lills, hurts like absolute hell too, but we're in a battle right now. I can't really take any time to rest." I responded.

Lillie continued looking at me with pleading eyes, silently begging me to just sit back down and leave the battle to her.

I smiled softly and sighed as I looked into her eyes. "I'll try and take it easy ok? Though I'm still gonna be helping out." I told her.

Lillie stared at me for a few moments, before finally nodding. "Alright, just..please be careful, I don't wanna lose you." Lillie quietly responded.

A small goofy looking grin spread across my lips as I nodded and fully stood up, before looking around at everyone. "So what's been going on so far since you pulled me behind the boulder?" I asked.

Lillie grimaced and bit her lip as she reached behind to the back of her own belt and grabbed a Pokeball, handing it to me. "Noctowl got knocked out, so I took his ball and returned him to it, everyone else is a bit banged up and slowly getting exhausted. No matter what we do, there just seems to be no end to them, and they've slowly been gaining ground as we fought." She responded.

"Thank you Lills." I said as I took the Pokeball from Lillie and placed it back onto my belt, while I looked around at everyone. "Alright everyone, why don't we push the enemy back a bit, they're getting a little too comfortable with the idea that they're going to be able to capture us. Why don't we show them how bad of an idea that is!" I shouted to everyone.

Each of my Pokemon let out a shout of their own in response. I leaned around the side of the boulder and found that the enemies had started getting pretty close to where we were. 

I glanced over at Infernape. "Infernape, use Fireblast on the group in front of us. Greninja, Hydro pump on the group to the right. Sceptile use Leaf Storm, Vulpix, try and freeze the leaves in the Leaf storm for some added damage to them." I told them.

Each one of them followed the orders that had been given to them. Infernape's Fire Blast had burned a good chunk of the guards and knocked them out of the fight, but almost immediately as they fell, a larger group had taken their place. I looked around and saw that this was true for the right and left flank as well.

"Crap, so that's what Lillie meant when she said that." I thought to myself.

The amount of attacks being thrown at us doubled in an instant as our counterattack started, almost immidietly stopping it before it even really began. The spot we were holed up in began getting heavily bombarded by the enemy. I grabbed Lillie's hand and took cover with her as the barrage continued.