Off to a Good Start

Lillie's POV-

As I watched Lusamine's Clefable walk onto the battlefield, I came to a slow, yet sudden realization. That wasn't her Clefable, that was my Clefairy that she had forcibly evolved in front of me, even when I told her I didn't want to evolve it.

My eyes widened as I stood there, stunned at the fact that I would have to fight one of the first Pokemon that I ever called my own. One of the first Pokemon I ever had fun with and even battled with. 

I stood there and stared as Clefable took center stage on the battlefield, while my mind struggled process what was going on. I was flooded by images and memories of the times I spent with it as a Clefairy, before Lusamine stole it from me.

From across the battlefield, I heard a voice pipe up and speak. "Even with how slow you are, you were bound to realize it at some point, this is indeed that same Clefairy from when you were a child, and it's just so eager to repay you for how you abandoned it so long ago." Lusamine said with a sadistic smirk.

I took a closer look at the Clefable, and sure enough, I could see the hate in it's eye's as it stared back at me. Though there was something else, something that I couldn't quite place.

My shoulders started shaking as I was overcome with the guilt of leaving it behind when I escaped that wretched household, even though I wanted to bring it with me so badly. I hadn't given any kind of direction, so all of the Pokemon were staring at me, waiting for me to give some kind of directions to them.

That's when I heard a cough from nearby, followed by a voice. "Lills, take a close look at that Clefable, do you see the scars it has on its body?" Ash shouted to me, as he laid there on the ground.

Hearing Ash's voice helped me pull myself out of my guilt and memories, just long enough to squint my eyes and get a closer look at Clefable. Allowing me see the various scars that were on it's body. "Yeah, I can see them Ashy!" I shouted back to him.

I looked over at Ash and saw him slowly sitting up, with the help of Sceptile and Donphane. Once he was sitting up, he continued what he was saying. "Those are the scars of a Pokemon who's been beaten into submission, and who's spirit has been thoroughly broken. Clefable isn't angry at you, it's just angry in general for the hardships it's had to endure. You need to beat Clefable, you need to save it from this hell, and the only way to do that is to defeat it, and beat the ever living crap out of Lusamine." Ash said to me. "You've got this Lills, I believe in you." Ash continued, before letting out a groan of pain and laying back down.

I looked back to Clefable, and took a deep breath as I calmed myself down, and felt a sudden coldness on my ankle. When I looked down to see what was causing it, I found my Alolan Vulpix, Snowy, rubbing against my leg, and looking back up at me as she let out a cry of encouragement. Ontop of it being absolutley adorable, it was also very comforting, and exactly what I needed at that moment.

I kneeled down and placed my hand on Snowy's head, and slowly rubbed it. The fur on her head was cool, refreshing and very calming amid the heat of battle. I looked at Snowy and smiled at her as I thought about what to say for a moment. "Well Snowy, do you wanna take this fight, give the others sometime to rest?" I asked her. Snowy didn't hesitate in her answer, and gave a cry of conformation and even a small little hop of excitement as she was chosen for the battle.

I smiled and let out a little giggle at her hop of excitement. "Alright Snowy, go ahead and take center stage, you've got this, we've trained a lot for this moment, and you know plenty of moves and strategies to win this thing. I believe in you, so let's win this thing and bring Ash and Gladion home." I said, as I gave her a pep talk.

Snowy nodded back in reply, as she left my side and started heading towards the center of the battlefield. Snowy stood across from Clefable, her feet planted firmly on the ground as she waited for me to give the first order.

I took a deep breath and prepared for the battle. "Alright Snowy, let's start things off with Hail." I told her, as I knew it was about to get very cold.

Snowy raised her head to the sky and let out a cry, as the temperature dropped, and the visibility on the field was slowly reduced by the sudden blizzard that was forming. Hail started falling from the storm as Clefable began taking damage from the hail that was hitting it.

I couldn't hear Lusamine well when she spoke, but I could tell something was happening when Clefable began moving. "Snowy, stay on guard!" I shouted to her as I stood there, preparing to counter whatever she threw at us.

What I didn't expect was for the heat to suddenly increase, and the brightness to increase in the room. I looked around, trying to figure out what was causing it, when I saw a bright ball in the sky, and suddenly realized what it was. "It's Sunny Day." I muttered to myself.

I looked to the field and saw that the strength of the hail had lessened because of how harsh the sunlight was. The hail was melting before it hit Clefable, making it essentially useless. "Snowy, get ready to dodge whatever comes your way, it's gonna be something big, I can feel it." I told her, hoping that my hunch was right.

I heard Lusamine shout from across the field. "Alright Clefable, let's follow up with Brick Break, put that little runt into the ground." Lusamine shouted to Clefable, a sadistic smirk present on her face as she gave the command.

Clefable started rushing towards Snowy, and was quickly closing the distance between them. I was unprepared for her to use Brick Break as it didn't make any sense after using Sunny Day. I stood there for a moment and thought on how to successfully dodge the attack and counter it. That's when I got a good idea on how to do both at the same time. "Snowy, dodge and then use Ice Beam on the ground and freeze it." I told her, as I prayed that it worked like I wanted it to.

Snowy jumped and dodged to the left before opening its mouth and using Ice Beam on the ground, causing the ground around Snowy to be covered in a sheet of ice. Clefable wasn't able to slow down in time, as its momentum carried it onto the ice. Clefable started skating across the ice, before falling down and sliding past Snowy, but not before swinging its arm and making contact on Snowy's side with Brick Break.

Snowy let out a cry of pain as she was knocked aside and went sliding across the ice, before coming to a rest and laying there, unmoving. "Snowy!" I shouted in panic, not knowing just how injured she was from that hit.

From across the field, I could hear Lusamine laughing at me. "Wow that was absolutely pathetic, who knew a little tap would knock the little runt so far, that was perfect Clefable. You'll finally be granted some rest tonight." Lusamine said as she laughed.

Hearing her laugh at me, and Snowy, only served to make me madder than before. I looked across the field to where Snowy was laying, and started shouting. "Come on Snowy, you can do it, please get back up! We can still win this, please just get up!" I shouted to her, hoping that she would hear my pleas and get back up.

Snowy laid there unmoving for a few moments, before she finally started moving. She uncurled herself and put one foot underneath herself, and then another, before finally pulling herself up and standing on all fours.

I felt a smile forming on my lips as my energy to continue was renewed. I looked across the field to Lusamine only to find a look of surprise on her face. One that made me smile even more than before. "That's right Snowy, we're not out of this yet, we're gonna win this together!" I shouted to her in encouragement.

Snowy looked back at me, and nodded before letting out a cry of approval, as she got ready to attack. 

This fight was only just starting.

Hey everyone, I hope you're enjoying this battle so far, if you have any suggestions on how I can improve how I write battles, please let me know. I'm still getting the hang of it, and I'm not sure if they're very good yet. So some feedback would be appreciated.

So, on another update, my online classes start next week, so the update schedule might slow down again, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna stop updating for a long time. It just means that there will be some time between each chapter,  but not months like last time.

As always, if you have any comments or questions, don't hesitate to post them. I'll be happy to answer them, and please leave more suggestions on pairings I should do for my next story.

As always, I'll see all of you in the next chapter.

-Pearlshipper332