Start of a New Day

Lillie's POV-

A loud ringing woke me from my slumber that morning, I opened my eyes to see my alarm going off. I reached over and turned the alarm off, before sitting up in my bed and stretching. I sat there for a couple of minutes, before finally getting up and getting ready for the day.

After about ten minutes, I had finished getting ready, and started making my way to the kitchen. A minute or two passed, before I rounded the last corner and entered the kitchen, coming face to face with my mother. I stood stock still, frozen in fear.

My mom glared at me for a few seconds, before finally speaking. "Do you know where your brother is?" She asked me, venom lacing her tone as she spoke.

"N-No m-mother." I responded. Averting my eyes and trying not to look into my mothers.

"God you're useless." She said, letting those words hang in the air for a few moments. "It should of been you that day." She continued with a mutter.

"It should of been you instead." I muttered to myself.

A sharp pain shot through my face, making me stumble and fall backwards onto the ground.

I held my face and looked up at my mother, trying to not cry as I did.

"You do not talk to me like that!" She yelled, "it's your fault that my husband is dead."

She stared at me for a few moments, before stomping out of the kitchen, once she was gone, I broke down, letting the tears that I held back stream down my face.

I stayed there on the kitchen floor for a couple minutes, eventually managing to calm myself down. Until my mother came rushing back into the kitchen, absolutely furious. 

"What did you do!" She yelled in anger.

I flinched back as she yelled. "Wh-what are you talking about?" I replied in fear.

I felt a sharp, hard pain in my stomach. "Your brother, he left because of you!" She shouted. It took me few seconds to realize that she had kicked me in the stomach.

I coughed and held my stomach, trying to work through the pain and not pass out.

"Get out of here, I don't want to see you at all today. For all I care, you can sleep outside." My mother said with pure malice.

I didn't reply at all as struggled to my feet and rushed out of the kitchen, grabbing my backpack and hat, and getting into my butler's car. 

Ten minutes later and the car arrived at the front of the school. I thanked my butler and left the car, walking into the Pokemon school and making my way towards my classroom. Once inside I sat down in my regular seat, and put my head down on my desk.

I was a bit of an outcast, so no one came and asked how I was doing, which was fine. 

In the classroom there was a total of six desks, which was odd, seeing as there were only five students in the class.

Once class started, our teacher, professor Kukui, walked in with a raven haired teen, who had a Pikachu perched on his shoulder. 

"Alola!" The professor cheerfully said.

"Alola!" The other four students in the class replied. While I remained silent.

"I wish this day would end sooner.....actually...no, if it keeps me away from her, the longer the better." I thought to myself.

"We have a new student joining us today." Kukui said while turning to the raven haired teen that stood next to him. "Would you like to introduce yourself?" He asked.