Fight For Your Life

Ash's POV-

I looked around at the group, a small grin present on my face as I finished explaining the plan to everyone. "I think we can pull this off guys." I told them.

"But is it really going to work? I mean that's..a rather risky plan." Lillie responded.

I turned my gaze to her and smiled softly at her. "I know, but that's the thing, Lusamine won't be expecting it, and the confusion from all of it will give us the upper hand." I said.

Lillie stared at me for a few seconds, hesitation present in her eyes as she stared. I leaned forward and reached across the group, taking her hand in my own and slowly squeezing it. "Don't worry Lills, I'll make sure nothing bad happens, ok?" I told her.

Lillie stared at me for another couple of seconds, before the hesitation left her eyes and she slowly nodded. "A-Alright..let's do this then..let's put an end to all of this." She responded.

I stood up and stretched, before looking around at the others. "Alright everyone, get into position. Greninja, Infernape, Vulpix, you're up first. Make it count." I told them.

I took a step back and let the three of them take their positions. "Alright everyone, let's get this show on the road." I said. "Greninja, use Hydro Pump." I continued.

Silence overtook the group after I gave the order. The three of them stepped up to the edge, with the only audible noise being the chattering of the guards down on the ground floor. Greninja took a deep breath and took a stance, his webbed feet planted firmly on the ground. A few silent moments passed before he moved forward and opened his mouth, releasing Hydro Pump.

The pillar of water slammed into the ground floor and started expanding outward, knocking over any guards in the immediate vicinity. I glanced over at Vulpix and nodded.

Vulpix let out a noise of approval as it took a stance of its own. Vulpix opened its mouth and shot a icy blue beam at the pillar of water, causing all of it to freeze after a few seconds. The guards who were caught in the water from before became frozen in place, unable to do anything.

"Alright Infernape, use Flamethrower to carve us a way down out of the column of ice." I told him. All while the confusion and panic of the guards could be heard from the floor that we were on.

Infernape nodded and stood infront of the column of ice, his head reared back and then lunged forward. A bright orange flame shot out of his mouth and started hollowing out the column of ice.

After half a minute or so, there was a small slide carved out of the column of ice, the bottom of the column was untouched, but the top part of the column had been hollowed out to make a tube slide that led down to the ground floor.

I glanced over at Sceptile. "Sceptile, head down first and use Rock Tomb once you're on the ground floor, if we don't have any cover, then we're gonna get decimated once we're down there." I told him.

Sceptile nodded and got onto the hollowed out part of the column and started sliding down.

I looked back at Lillie and saw a look of apprehension in her eyes. "A-are you sure about this Ash? This doesn't seem very safe." Lillie asked me.

I let out a small chuckle and nodded. "I'm sure it's safe. I'll be right beside you when you go down, ok?" I responded to her.

Lillie's eyes darted from me to the hollowed out column, and back again. "A-Alright, I-I trust you. Let's go." Lillie said.

I nodded and took hold of Lillie's hand, before walking over to the column. I glanced back at Lillie and smiled softly as I kneeled down at the very edge. Lillie followed suit and kneeled down close to me.