Making Some New Friends

Ash's POV-

I had woken up early in the morning to the sound of someone rummaging around in the kitchen. When I opened my eyes, I found that there was sunlight filtering into the house through the windows, lighting up the room with an amber glow.

I swung my legs over the side of the couch and let my feet rest on the floor before sitting up and looking over the TV, trying to figure out who was in the kitchen. I felt a sharp jolt of pain shoot through my shoulder while I sat there on the couch and slowly stretched.

I reached over and held my shoulder. "Damn that hurt like hell." I quietly muttered to myself.

Once the pain faded from my shoulder, I returned my attention to the person rummaging around in the kitchen.

Standing there in the kitchen was a girl with blonde hair, green eyes, and a blue crystal colored sleep gown on. The look was complete with a fair amount of bed head, with her hair sticking out in numerous directions as she kept rummaging around, it was rather adorable.

I let out a quiet chuckle before speaking up. "What are you doing up so early Lillie?" I asked her.

Lillie stopped what she was doing and glanced over at me. "Oh Ash, I'm sorry, did I wake you up?" She questioned.

I shook my head shuffling around the edge of the coffee table and making my way over to where she stood. "Nah, it's ok, I should be getting up anyways." I responded. "So what are you doing?" I continued.

Lillie blushed a bit before looking away from me. "Well I....was planning on making breakfast for the both of us." She quietly answered.

I smiled at her and looked down to see how far she had gotten. "Well, we can still have breakfast, but how about we make it together?" I asked her.

Lillie glanced down at what she already had so far, before looking back at me and nodding. "That sounds great." She responded, a cheerful smile present on her face, while she looked at me.

The smile made my heart beat a little bit faster, and a light blush formed on my face while I took a moment to take in the sight before me.

"How can she be so damn cute?" I thought to myself.

I stopped staring after a few seconds and looked away from her. "S-so, what were you planning on making." I asked her.

"Well...I had initially planned on making something simple like eggs and toast, but I couldn't find where the bread was, nor where any of the pots and pans were." She answered.

I nodded. "Alright, well let's start by getting the pans that we'll need." I said.

It didn't take long for us to gather everything, and within a couple of minutes we started making breakfast.

I took a moment to turn my attention away from the eggs in the pan, and instead focused it on Lillie. She was pulling pieces of toast out of the toaster and buttering them.

"Hey Lillie, do you know how to cook?" I asked her.

"I honestly don't know if she does know how to cook." I thought to myself.

Lillie looked over at me and stared for a moment, before shaking her head. "No not really...anytime I tried cooking anything, whether it be for myself, or to just try it out something would end up going wrong." She responded, a downcast expression present on her face as she spoke.

"What do you mean by something would end up going wrong?" I asked her.

Lillie let out a sigh and turned around, leaning against the counter as she spoke. "Well, either I'd burn the food, I'd burn myself or I'd make my mother angry. Which would usually result in more abuse." She answered.