Time at the Beach

Lillie's POV-

I was laying down on the towels that Ash had brought with us to the beach, the afternoon sun warming up the beach and the water. Ash had laid down beside me under the sun, his hand in  mine, and our fingers intertwined with each other.

I glanced over at him and saw that he had his hat down over his eyes. A soft smile crept onto my face as I looked at him, before scooting a bit closer and leaning my head against his chest. It's been a bit since we got to the beach, close to maybe half an hour or so.

"This is really nice." I thought to myself.

I lifted my head up and saw Sophocles and Lana messing around in the water, swimming and splashing each other as they swam.

"Hey guys, how are you doing?" A voice said from behind us.

I tilted my head back and saw Mallow walking towards us. I smiled at her and brought my free arm up and waved at her.

"Hey Mallow, we're doing good, how about you?" I asked her.

Mallow stopped right over top of Ash and I, and smiled down at us. "I'm doing good, thanks for asking." She replied.

I saw her eyes trail from me to where I was holding Ash's hand. Her smile slowly shrank as she stared at our hands.

"So...Why are you two holding hands?" She asked.

I glanced over at Ash and didn't see any sign of him moving or anything.

"Hmm, he must of fell asleep at some point." I thought to myself, before looking back up at Mallow.

"Well...The thing is Mallow...is that Ash and I are dating each other." I replied.

Mallow frowned slightly. "So...How long have you two been going out for?" She asked.

"About an hour or so, he confessed to me today while we were heading here." I responded.

Mallow nodded before looking over to where Lana and Sophocles were. "Ah I see, well congratulations." She said, before stepping around us and walking towards where Sophocles and Lana were.

"Why did she seem so put off by the fact that we were dating?" I pondered.

I watched her walk away, before turning to Ash and lightly nudging him.

"Hey, Ash?" I whispered.

It took a couple of more nudges before he started waking up.

"Ugh, what...what's going on?" He asked while he looked around for a few seconds, before looking down at me and smiling.

"Hey Lills, what's up?" He asked me, a yawn closely following his question to me.

I glanced back over at Mallow, seeing her splashing Lana.

"Nothing really, just wanted to let you know that Mallow finally got here." I replied.

"No need to make him worry about that, I'll just talk to Mallow by myself." I thought to myself.

Ash nodded and laid his head back. "That's good." He replied.

I smiled at him and leaned my head against his side. "Yeah it is." I said.

Though while I laid there, I felt a pit slowly growing in my stomach.

"I should really talk to Mallow and see what's going on." I thought to myself, before turning and looking back a where Lana, Mallow, and Sophocles were.

I laid there for a couple more minutes, before finally making my decision, and leaning in a bit closer to Ash.

"Hey Ashy, I'll be right back ok, there's something that I need to go and do." I whispered to him.