Divide and Conquer

Lillie's POV-

I watched Ash's Charizard climb higher and higher into the air, before charging into battle, while I was still on the ground, my mind racing a mile a minute as I tried to figure out what to do first. I looked around at everyone, and found them looking back at me, waiting for me to lead them.

I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself a bit, before I started giving out directions. "Um, Sceptile, I-Infernape, you two should be on the frontlines. Greninja, Vulpix, can you two cover our sides?" I glanced over at Pikachu. "Pikachu, can you to pick off the ones that end up getting too close?" I asked.

Each one of them looked a little hesitant, but let out their own confirmation after a few moments. Each of them started rearranging themselves into the new formation, before beginning to move forward towards the retreating enemy.

I glanced up towards the air one more time, watching as Ash and his Charizard started bombarding the enemy with streams of attacks from above.

"Please be careful up there Ash." I quietly muttered to myself, before I started moving with the group again.

Finally joining the battle alongside the others.

Ash's POV-

The excess heat from Charizards blasts rose up and into my face as I watched the regrouping guards disperse again. I patted the side of  Charizards neck and grinned a bit. "Good job buddy, keep it up, this battle will be over soon if we can keep them from regrouping." I told him.

Charizard let out a roar of approval, before letting out another blast of fire into the enemy ranks. We were boxing the smaller groups into different parts of the battlefield, to keep them from regrouping and counter-attacking.

I glanced back to where we had left Lillie's group, and saw them finally moving into the battle. They were tackling the group closest to them, with Lillie directing from the center of the group.

I watched them for a few more moments, before I returned my focus to the rest of the battlefield. "Alright then, let's make them pay." I muttered to myself.

An attack zoomed past Charizards right wing as I finished muttering to myself. Charizard banked to the left to avoid another attack that would of hit us. I looked down at the ground and watched as the smaller groups started attacking us, trying to knock us out of the sky.

"Crap. Alright Charizard, go ahead and start blasting them, we can't afford to get knocked out of the sky." I told him.

Charizard dove down and released a Fire Blast into the middle of the first group, causing them to scatter as they tried to avoid getting burned. I grinned to myself as Charizard did the same thing to the next group over.

Charizard blasted each group at least once before we climbed back up into the air. I was able to get a good look at the battlefield once we were high enough. Lillie's group had gained quite a bit of ground since she first started her advance. Some of the smaller groups had been able to regroup with the others, and were starting to amass themselves again.

Lillie couldn't see it, but I noticed the guards re-organizing and trying to surround Lillie's group on the ground. I patted Charizards neck to get his attention and pointed at the guards that were slowly surrounding her group.

"We gotta go and keep them from surrounding her."I said to Charizard.

Charizard started to make the dive when a blast of white light came zooming past his head. Charizard Lurched to the side in surprise, almost throwing me off in the process. my grip on the back of his neck tightened as I tried to keep myself from drooping a good 60-feet to my doom.