Letting Her Know

Ash's POV-

Lillie and I were heading back to Professor Kukui's home to get some things before heading to the beach. I had been silent for a good part of the walk home, though that was because I was wracking my brain in an effort to come up with an idea to let her know how I feel. So far I haven't come up with much.

"It can't be something too plain, like a simple confession...She deserves a lot more than just that." I thought to myself.

"Ash..Are you ok?" I heard Lillie ask me. "You've been quiet ever since we left the restaurant." She continued.

I looked over at her and gave her a soft smile. "Yeah I'm ok, I'm just thinking about something." I replied.

Lillie stared at me for a few moments, a look of curiosity present on her face.

I reached over and patted her shoulder. "Don't worry Lills, its nothing you need to worry about." I told her.

"At least nothing you should have to worry about." I thought to myself.

Lillie smiled back and nodded. "Alright, just let me know if you need anything from me." She said.

"Don't worry, I will." I responded.

The rest of the walk to Professor Kukui's home was a relatively short one and before I knew it we were walking up the steps of the porch. I walked to the door and unlocked it with the key that Professor Kukui had given to me a couple of days prior.

I walked inside after unlocking the door and looked around to see if Professor Kukui was up, or at the very least, up on the first floor of the house.

Once I realized he wasn't on the first floor, I started listening for any noise that might have been coming from the basement.

It was completely quiet in the house, save for Pikachu and Professor Kukui's Rockruff sleeping at the end of the couch.

"Where the hell has he been lately?" I muttered to myself before turning to Lillie and smiling. 

"Go ahead and grab anything that you might need for the beach, I'm gonna go and grab a couple of beach towels to bring with us, and something to drink." I said.

Lillie smiled and nodded before going up into the loft to grab a couple of things.

I turned and headed down the hallway to the closet where we kept the beach towels.

After a couple minutes of rummaging and gathering things in the kitchen, I had the drinks and beach towels all gathered up and set aside.

I glanced up at the loft while I waited for Lillie to come back down. "I wonder what's taking so long?" I asked myself. 

A couple more minutes passed before I heard Lillie calling from the loft. "Hey Ash, can you come up here for a minute?" She said.

"Yeah sure, just give me a minute." I responded.

I got up off the couch and walked over to the ladder that led to the loft and started climbing.

It took only a couple seconds to climb up the ladder to the loft, as the loft itself wasn't too high off the ground. 

Once I was up the ladder, I quickly pulled myself up so that I was standing. "So what did you-" The rest of my words were lost as my jaw hit the floor. 

Lillie's hair was put up in a single ponytail that allowed her hair to hang down behind her. She wore a sports like white top that was complete with a white skirt and a pair of white sneakers. She looked like she was ready to go and play tennis, but it worked really well for her.