Dealing with it All

Lillie's POV-

The car ride home was nerve wracking, It was a constant battle of curbing the fear inside me, and just breaking down and crying. I knew what was waiting for me once I got home.

It only took ten minutes to get there, but it felt like an eternity.

I thanked my butler and got out of the car, standing before the entrance of the mansion. It was quiet outside, you could usually hear some form of work going on outside, though, when I entered the mansion, I realized it was significantly quieter than It should of been. 

I started making my way to my room, hoping to avoid my mother for the rest of the day.

Though, I eventually found myself stopping infront of my brothers room. "Might as well get this over with...find out why I was abandoned once again." I thought to myself.

I grabbed the door knob and slowly turned it,before pushing the door open and walking inside. I flipped the switch beside the door, causing the light in the center of the room to turn on.

The room was suprisingly clean, bare white walls around the room, a neat bed, nothing really out of place as I walked inside. "Huh, I would of thought there'd be at least some sort of band poster in here." I thought to myself.

I scanned the room while I walked around, looking for something that would tell me why he left. My eye's eventually coming to rest on a piece of paper that sat ontop of the nightstand beside the bed.

I walked over to the nightstand and took the piece of paper in my hands, bringing it closer to my face so I could read it.

Lillie, if you're reading this, then I want you to know that this is for the best, and that I'll eventually come back for you.

-Gladion

Most people would be sad or depressed that someone they cared for had left, but no, I was angry.

I crumpled and crushed the piece of paper in my hand. "D-dammit Gladion....was I not even worth bringing along...was I just a diversion so you could escape without her coming after you." I muttered in frustration and anger.

"I would of done the same in his position, god knows you're not worth saving." A voice said.

The anger and frustration that I had, quickly became replaced with fear. I slowly turned to look behind me, finding my mother standing at the door.

"What are you doing in his room you pest." She sneered.

My mouth opened to respond, but I couldn't find the words reply. The fear I felt wouldn't let me.

"You have no right to be in here, especially since you're the reason he left." She told me.

"For that, you must be punished, you little brat." She said with a sadistic sort of smile on her face.

My eye's widened in fear and my mind kicked into overdrive, and before I realized it, I was barreling past my mother and out the room, knocking her down in the process of my escape. 

I made an immediate beeline for my room, trying my hardest to outrun my mother.

"Get back here you little Brat!" She yelled. Her voice echoing in the empty hallway, she sound like she was everywhere at once.

I managed to effectively navigate the twists and turns of the mansion, before rounding the last corner and spotting the doorway to my room. 

I ran as fast as I could to the end of the hallway, the sound of her footsteps gradually growing louder as she caught up to me.