Just A Neighbor

As soon as the soldiers were dismissed, Y/N hugged her close buddies, her team.

They said their goodbyes, and Y/N walked out. As soon as she did, fresh air hit her face and she closes her eyes, breathing deeply.

Just then, someone yelled behind her.

"Dude?!"

Y/N turned around and before she can say anything, the person punched her arm.

"Ow!" Y/N pouted and rubbed her arm. "Nice to see you too, Hailee! I knew you'd punched me— ack!" She ended up shrieking as Hailee pulled her into a massive and bone crashing hug. "C-Can't breathe!" She tried to say, while patting Hailee's arms around her neck.

Hailee Steinfeld, her best friend. They've been best friends since forever, and it's good to see her again.

"Oh," Hailee laughs and pulled away. "And sorry for punching you, I was just checking if you're real." She said, smiling sheepishly.

Y/N laughed. "Of course, I'm real."

Hailee's the only ones who knows she'll be coming home today, Y/N asked her best friend to pick her up from the airport.

"I hope you didn't attract paparazzis." Y/N said, raising an eyebrow.

The thing is, because both of her moms are known, the public also took interest in her, besides she's friends with celebrities too. And one of her moms' letters said that the public took more interest when she joined the army. She doesn't know why. One thing's for sure, Y/N dislikes paparazzis. They can really invade someone's privacy and personal space.

"I didn't." Hailee said, smiling widely. "I missed you and your stupid face!" She shouted, squeezing Y/N's cheeks and kissing her face.

Y/N giggles, "I missed you too, stupid! But don't shout!"

"Come on! Let's get you home." Hailee said.

Y/N laughed, "God, you're still hyper." She said and grabbed her bag, walking towards Hailee's car.

"Well, suck it up." Hailee shrugged.

"Bitch." Y/N said, laughing.

**

The drive to Y/N's parents' house is filled with laughter and stories about everything that had happened while Y/N was gone. They catch up with everything and Y/N felt great that everyone is okay and well.

Once they made it to the house, the guards let the car in once they saw Hailee and their eyes widened as soon as they saw Y/N at the passenger. She smiles and greeted them happily, before Hailee drove inside. Once Hailee parked the car, they got out.

Hailee walked in first.

"Hailee's here!" Hailee said, announcing her arrival. Her usual greeting whenever she'd come over at her best friend's house, when Y/N left to join the army, Hailee still come over once in a while, checking her best friend's moms. It was also Y/N's request.

Y/N can hear them talking, she walked and peeked a bit to see Hailee making hand gestures behind her. She take this as her cue and walked inside, smiling widely.

Anastasia was the first one to notice, her eyes widened and she immediately started crying, she run up to Y/N and pulled her in a warm hug. "Oh my god, my baby!"

"Mom," Y/N whispered, hugging her mom.

"Mon bébé," Elise gasped as she approached her wife and daughter. She hugged them both and she kissed Y/N's head. "Oh, my baby."

Y/N smiles, hugging both her moms. "I missed you so much, guys." She said, sighing. It's been so long since she last saw her moms, and it felt good to be back and feel their hugs again.

Hailee smiles softly as she watched the family reunite once again. They really missed Y/N, it was a blur without her. And the constant worry was torture for all of them, even though Y/N would write every chances she got, the worry still won't go away. Especially to Elise and Anastasia, Y/N is their baby girl.

After their moments, Y/N excused herself to take a warm shower. While her moms cooked dinner, Hailee stayed downstairs, talking with her moms.

Once the warm water hit her skin, Y/N sighs. At their barracks, they have limited time to eat and shower. It sure as fuck feels good to have the time for herself and not rush things, she stayed under the shower for a couple minutes before washing her head and body, then she stayed a couple more, just feeling the warm water on her.

She smiles, and took a deep breath as soon as she turned off the shower. She dried herself and walked out of the bathroom, she approached her bed and sat on it.

Then she remembered the conversation with her team earlier.

"Because you always talk about her?" John answered.

Y/N furrow her eyebrows, "I don't. I just mention her once in a while." She said. "Besides, I really like her character as Natasha." She added.

"Dude, stop denying it, you have a crush on your neighbor." Harry said, grinning.

Of course, she does.

She's been having a small crush on Scarlett since she can remember. She knows that she's different when she realized it, but she never downgrade herself because of it. You can say that Scarlett is her gay awakening. Though, she was a bit saddened by it because she thinks that Scarlett wouldn't like her like that, she's just her neighbor.

So, that sucks.

Besides, Scarlett is straight.

But Y/N was happy when she was the one who got to be there for Scarlett when she delivered her baby girl and she even named the little girl Rose, her own nickname for Scarlett's daughter.

"Rose..." Y/N smiles. "I should visit her."

She doesn't know what Rose looks like now, she only saw her in that delivery room. When Scarlett was moved to a different room, she called her moms to be with the actress as she needs to go because she'll be joining the Army.

Either way, she wants to see the little girl.

And Scarlett.

As just a neighbor, of course.

"Just a neighbor." Y/N said and sighed.