For Us

FEW HOURS LATER

"Thank you, sir. Salute." Y/N said, before the line ended.

She licked her lips and took a deep breath.

"What now, Captain?" Zayn asked.

Y/N looked at her team, and she smiles softly. "We'll be okay, you guys will be okay."

"You promise?" John asked.

Y/N's heart clenched, but she smiled. "Come on, when did I ever lie to you guys?" She said, patting John's shoulder. "Come here, you big babies." She said, opening her arms for her brothers.

Her team stood up, doing a group hug.

Zayn started crying, and fell into his knees, hugging Y/N's legs.

Y/N bit her lip, forcing herself not to cry. She needs to be strong, for her team. She hugged Zayn's head, "You're gonna be okay, brother. I promise."

"Come on, Zayn." James said, patting Zayn's shoulder.

Zayn sniffled, slowly getting up.

"Come on, stop crying, you big baby." Harry said, wiping Zayn's face. "We're gonna be okay. Trust our Captain."

Y/N's heart clenched upon hearing that.

"We gotta go, but we'll see you once you're better. Okay?" John said, smiling a little.

"Of course." Y/N said, smiling. She stood up and they all hugged, "I'll see you all soon, brothers."

"We love you." Harry said with a sad smile.

"I love you all." Y/N said, smiling.

James pulled Y/N in a hug, "Get well soon, Captain."

Y/N gripped onto James' shirt, "Mhm."

Y/N pulled away and smile at her team, "Go on. I'll see you all soon."

"You better." Zayn said.

Y/N just smiled, nodding her head. She watched as her team walked away, and every step they take, was like a punch in her heart.

***

Y/N's bit her lip, watching Scarlett. The actress was quiet, cleaning her wounds.

"Scar," Y/N spoke, "Please. Say something, you haven't said anything."

Scarlett shook her head, and she started crying. But she immediately wiped her tears.

"Scarlett." Y/N sighed and cupped Scarlett's chin, lifting her head up so she could look at her. "Please."

"What do you want me to say?" Scarlett asked, "That you should totally go? And I should expect that you'll be fine?!"

Y/N needs to go on mission. Again.

"I know this is hard, but it's part of my job." Y/N said, "Just know that I'll always try my best to come back. I promise." She said.

"I just got you back, Y/N! And you're leaving again! You're not even fully healed!" Scarlett shouted.

Y/N sighed.

"I just got you back..." Scarlett cried, "It's not fair."

"I know—"

Scarlett cut Y/N off, "You don't! You don't know what it's like to wait for you! To be worried all of the time! Overthinking if you're okay or not! You don't know!" She said.

"I'm doing this for you and Rose!" Y/N said, stressing out.

"For me and Rose?!" Scarlett frowned.

"Yes!" Y/N said. "I..."

Scarlett looked at Y/N, "What?"

"I'm retiring." Y/N said and she can feel her heart breaking. She loves her job with all her heart, she loves her brothers and sisters, she loves her team. "I'm leaving the Army, but they need me to do one more mission. I'm retiring, Scarlett. Because trust me, I do know what it feels like when you have to wait for me, wondering 24/7 if I'm okay or not. I know."

Y/N sighed, "I'm leaving my team. And that hurts, yes. But it's different now, I have you and Rose. And I don't want us to spend our lives apart, I don't want Rose to worry about her momma all the time. I don't want you to worry if I'll ever come home to you or not. I'm doing this for us, Scarlett. So please, just one more waiting and I'm done. I'll be with you and Rose all the time."

Scarlett bit her lip, and hugged Y/N. "You better come home to us, Y/N. I'll hate you so much if you don't." She said.

Y/N nodded her head, hugging her girlfriend. "I will, just one more waiting and I'll be with you, always."

———

Author: ✌🏻