End

Author: be warned, mention of blood.

———

TWO DAYS LATER

James took a deep breath, ringing the doorbell.

Minutes later, the door opened.

"James?" Scarlett furrowed her eyebrows, confused.

"Hey," James smiles a little, "We have news about Captain."

Scarlett's heart dropped, a lot of questions are running through her mind at the moment. Why is her girlfriend not here? Why is James here? Her head starts hurting from thinking too much, her heart is breaking.

"And we have her body." James said with a deep breath. "I'm so sorry."

And that's when Scarlett felt her heart shattered.

***

Scarlett was too occupied with her own thoughts that she didn't paid any attention around her, her heart is too busy breaking with this information.

Y/N is meant to come home to her. She's meant to retire and stay with her and Rose. Not this. How will she tell this to Rose? This will ruin her daughter.

"We're here." James spoke.

Scarlett blinked back to reality when the passenger's door opened, she then wiped her tears and thanked James before going out. Then she frowned, seeing where they are.

"W-Why are we here?" Scarlett asked, looking at James.

James smiles a little, and nodded his head while looking somewhere.

Confused, Scarlett looked at where James was looking at and her heart stopped for a second before going wild against her chest. She let out a loud gasped.

Y/N was there, alive and standing. Smiling at Scarlett with tears streaming down her face.

"Y/N..." Scarlett cried and run towards Y/N.

Their bodies collided, hugging each other like there's no tomorrow.

Then Scarlett pulled away and starts punching Y/N's chest, "You're an asshole! How can you do this! I was in pain! I thought you died! I hate you!" She shouted.

Y/N grabbed Scarlett's hands, stopping her from punching her chest. "Scar, stop. My chest hurts." She said.

"Fucking bitch, think she'll rescue you." The guard said to their hostage who woke up when he heard gunshots, the guard laughed as he looked at Y/N who was on the ground.

Suddenly, there was a silent gunshot and the guard laid lifeless on the ground, blood pouring from his head.

Y/N groaned, and opened her jacket, pulling out the two bullets that hit her chest. She then looked at the dead man, "I have bulletproof vest, dumbass." She whispered.

"I'm sorry, baby. I wanted to surprise you, I'm sorry." Y/N said, wiping Scarlett's tears.

"You're alive and home, that's all that matters." Scarlett said, "But still, you're an ass for doing this. We have her body!? You're unbelievable!"

"I'm sorry!" Y/N pouted, and she took a deep breath. "To make it up to you, remember this place?" She asked.

"Of course, I was sad when I saw it was sold and under construction." Scarlett said, pouting while looking at the place. "If I knew it was for sale, I would've bought it long time ago." She added.

"Well," Y/N smiles, "I was the one who bought the place." She said.

Scarlett looked at Y/N, her eyes widened. "You? What?" She asked, shocked.

"Yeah," Y/N smiles. "And our dream house is slowly becoming reality. I mean, if you're willing to move in with me? You, me, and Rose?" She asked, "We'll have our indoor pool, too." She added.

"My heart," Scarlett whispered, her heart beating so fast for this woman. "You make my heart so happy."

"Is that a yes?" Y/N asked, grinning.

"Of course!" Scarlett answered, "That's all I ever want."

"In that case," Y/N said, her heart hammering against her chest. She kneeled with one knee, then she fished out something from her jacket.

"What..." Scarlett gasped.

Y/N opened the box, revealing a beautiful diamond ring. "Scarlett, I know this might be too fast but we have been waiting long enough and I don't want us to keep waiting. You know how much I love you, you and Rose. You two are my life, you are my life. And I have been waiting for you all my life, and I have been secretly loving you all these years."

Scarlett can practically hear her own heartbeat.

"I promise to be there for you and to take care of you with all my heart. You're my soulmate and you were never just my neighbor. Scar, make me the happiest woman in the world," Y/N took a deep breath, "Will you marry me?" She asked.

Scarlett sobbed in happiness, and nodded her head repeatedly. "Yes, baby, I'll marry you!" She answered without hesitation.

Y/N smiles widely, crying happy tears. She took the ring and put it on Scarlett, then she stood up and she was pulled in a passionate kiss.

"I love you, so much." Scarlett whispered against her fiancée's lips.

"I love you more, Scar." Y/N whispered back.

They rests their foreheads together and sighs in happiness.

"Once our dream house is done, I'll be taking my favorite girls home." Y/N said and pulled away to cup Scarlett's cheeks. "Just you, me, and Rose. We will live under the same roof, the same roof that we always dreamed of."

"Under the same roof," Scarlett said, smiling. "And never apart."

Y/N smiles, staring between her favorite pair of green eyes. "Never apart."

And with that, they leaned in one more time and kissed to seal their promises of forever. To live and grow old together under the same roof and never apart.