Night Sky

Sitting on her bed, Scarlett fished out her phone when it buzzed. It was a message from Anastasia, she opened it.

From: Ana

Hey, just thought that you'd want to see this, so here you go. And Y/N told me to give you her number just in case you need help with anything, (your number). Have a good evening.

Video Attachment.

Scarlett replied a thanks and have a good evening before she saved Y/N's number and the video, then she pressed play.

Rose is looking up at Y/N with curious eyes, and Y/N was looking back at the little girl, same curiosity in her eyes.

"Rose, this is Y/N, remember her? This is our daughter." Anastasia said, smiling. "And baby, this is Rose now, Scarlett's daughter. She's six years old."

Y/N's eyes widened, so is her smile. She kneeled down and was immediately hugged by Rose.

"Y/N!!!" Rose shouted with excitement.

Y/N smiles, and hugged Rose back, her eyes closed. "Rose."

Y/N pulled away a little to look closely. "Wow, you're six now." She smiles. "And you know me?"

"I am six!" Rose proudly said, "And yes, I know you because of your mommies and my mommy! She told me stories about you! And you named me!" She said, giggling happily while cupping Y/N's face with her small hands.

Y/N giggled, too.

"That's amazing, and I'm glad that you know me." Y/N smiles. "Do you like your name?" She asked.

"I love my name!" Rose answered. "Mommy said that you wanted my nickname to be Rose because roses are the representation of love and beauty, and she loved it too that's why she named me Rose. Thank you for my beautiful name!"

Y/N awed, "Of course, it fits you!"

Rose giggles, "Can we play today? I really like you backyard!"

Y/N giggles, "For sure, but wait here for a second." She said and pulled away from Rose, then she stood up and disappeared from the corner.

Seconds later, she came back, carrying a huge box.

"Look what I got!" Y/N said, excitedly. "Wanna build this?" She asked, grinning.

"Oh my god!!!" Rose screamed.

"I'll take that as a yes!" Y/N giggled, "Come on!"

Giggling, the two run away.

Once the video ended, Scarlett smiles widely. That was the cutest thing she's ever seen, and she knows that Rose must really like Y/N because she's usually closed off with other people, especially to someone she's never met before. But with Y/N, she seems comfortable.

Not even my boyfriend could do that, huh. Scarlett thought.

***

Scarlett couldn't sleep.

She thought she's tired, and she really was.

But now, she's wide awake.

Troubled mind, and confused heart.

Every time she closes her eyes, all she could see was Y/N and those beautiful E/C eyes of hers. So, she would open them immediately.

I just missed her, right? I mean, it's been six years and when I woke up the next morning when I gave birth, she was gone. I just missed her. Scarlett thought and sat up, shaking her head.

Though, she loves how close her daughter is to Y/N. They just met today but Rose loves Y/N already, and that's saying something because her daughter doesn't like strangers that much.

Rose isn't even close with Colin, Scarlett's boyfriend. He just can't get Rose's trust, and if Scarlett could actually see it, she'll see that he wasn't even trying that hard. (No hate towards Colin! I like him, he's a good guy. This is just for the story.)

Scarlett looked at her window when she saw a light turned on at the other room beside hers. It was Y/N's room, she remembers.

She stood up and went to her window, she opened the curtains and wore her glasses so she could see even though it's quite far. They do have mansions for a house.

Confirming it, it was really Y/N's room. The soldier was out on her balcony and looking up at the night sky.

Scarlett smiles and grabbed her phone from her nightstand before going back to her previous spot at the window, she doesn't have her own balcony, but she does have a rooftop. Good thing that Anastasia gave her Y/N's number. She dialed it.

She saw how Y/N looked down at her pocket and take it out, smiling as she saw her screen.

Scarlett smiles, too.

Then Y/N answered, "Scarlett?"

"Hey." Scarlett spoke. "Look forward."

Y/N did and saw Scarlett at her window, her smile grew bigger. "Hey."

Scarlett smiles, "What're you doing up?"

Y/N shrugged. "Couldn't sleep, so I decided to watch the night sky. It's pretty."

Scarlett looked up and nodded, "It is."

"What about you? Why're you still up?" Y/N asked.

Scarlett looked back at Y/N, "Couldn't sleep either."

Y/N hummed. "Then let's watch together."

Scarlett smiles and nodded, "I'd love that."