Froze

FEW HOURS LATER

After hanging out with Hailee, Y/N decided to pay a visit at the set where her mom's directing. Well, her maman told her to come and visit because Anastasia mentioned that she missed having Y/N on set with her.

She saw her mom, looking at the monitor, with a serious expression. Anastasia's headphones were around her neck. Y/N gets it, why her mom is extra serious than ever with this film. It is a serious topic and it happened in real life. Soldiers were captured and tortured and it was just cruel.

Y/N almost didn't want to come.

And she's not sure if she can watch this film without having a panic attack, but what sucks the most is that she's the only one who knows that she feels that way.

What happened to her at the battlefield, is beyond anyone's imagination. She wants to tell someone, she wants to tell her parents, but she doesn't know how.

Yes, she's suffering. It doesn't seem like it because she's always positive and smiling. But in their last mission, something happened that scarred her.

Y/N took a deep breath and put on a smile. She greeted everyone, and made her way to her mom. She kissed her mom's cheek, "Hi there, mom." She said and smiles.

Anastasia immediately turned her head to look, and smiles widely when she saw her lovely daughter. She pulled Y/N in a warm hug, "My baby. What're you doing here? You should've told me you were coming." She said as she pulled away.

Y/N shrugged, "I wanted to visit you, and maman told me that you mentioned to her that you missed me around the set with you. And also, maman wants me to tell to you that she loves you and misses your sexy ass. Her words, exactly." She said and laughed.

Anastasia laugh, shaking her head. "That's your maman, all right. But I do missed her sexy ass, too."

Y/N rolled her eyes, chuckling. "I got you this, mom." She said and lift her hand up, showing the bouquet of flowers.

Anastasia smiles, she took the flowers and kissed her daughter's head. She smelled the flowers and sighs, "Thank you, dear. This is exactly what I need."

"Everything okay, momma?" Y/N asked.

Anastasia looked around the set, and back to Y/N. "Yeah, honey. Just pressure with this film, I want it to be perfect and honest. This is a true story, I want to deliver it with all the emotions." She said.

Y/N sighs, smiling. "You'll do great, mom. I know it, if anyone who can deliver this film with the public, I know it's you." She said.

Anastasia smiles, "Thank you, dear. Do you want to stay for a bit? We're about to shoot again."

Y/N shook her head, she gulped and tried her best to smile. "Um, I-I have somewhere to be, mom. I would love to stay, but um... I-I don't think I can." She stuttered, immediately cursing herself inside her head for stuttering.

Anastasia frowned, she was about to say something when something loud exploded.

Out of instinct, Y/N immediately turned her head to find where the explosion came from. Her eyes widened and her knuckles are turning white from clenching her fists too hard.

Just then, another explosion was heard.

"Man down! I repeat, man down!" Y/N shouted to her radio and through the loud booming of explosions around her.

"Y/N!" Anastasia called out again. After the second explosion, Anastasia told the crew to stopped testing the explosion for the film. And when she looked at her daughter, she was frozen, her eyes were wide and wild. Y/N's hands were clenched and her knuckles are turning white because of it, Anastasia has been calling her daughter but Y/N was unresponsive.

Y/N blinked when she felt hands on her cheeks, she gulped once she looked at her mom's eyes. She frowned, she froze. She fucking froze in the middle of a set.

"Baby, what happened? Where did you go?" Anastasia asked, she's super worried.

Y/N took a deep and shaky breath, "I-I'm fine, mom. I'll talk to you later, okay? I gotta go. I love you." She said and kissed her mom's cheek before she walked away. Fast.

Anastasia frowned, worried for her daughter. Something happened. She thought. She texted Elise what just happened and they planned to talk to Y/N later.

*

Y/N closed the door as soon as she got in. She didn't buckle up, instead she started punching the steering wheel while screaming.

Her car is tinted and soundproof, making it her perfect place right now.

She has been trying her best to pushed the memories back and deep inside her head. To stay positive because she doesn't want to worry the people around her.

She doesn't want them to see her vulnerable and pity her. She doesn't want their pity.

But fuck, she needs to talk to someone.

She needs to let it all out. Because it's eating her alive, and it's eating her silently and dangerously. She might have been avoiding it, but it's there.

It's always been there.

And it's destroying her, slowly and painfully.

Y/N could feel herself about to fall into a panic attack. She shook her head while tears streams down her face, she didn't even noticed that she was crying.

She started punching her chest, while breathing deep, in and out. In and out.

Come on, Y/N, remember your training. She said to herself, and once she's calm enough, she rests her forehead against the steering wheel. That was tiring.

She was startled when her phone rang. It was connected to her car's Bluetooth, so the car basically rang and she doesn't like the sound at the moment. She sat up and check who's calling her. Her heart swell in joy when she saw Scarlett's name.

She answered.

"Hello?" Y/N spoke. Her voice hoarse because of the screaming and crying she just did.

"Babe? Are you okay? Your voice sounds rough?" Scarlett spoke.

Y/N cleared her throat and wiped her tears, she leaned back and sighed. "I'm fine, Scar. What's up?"

"Are you sure you're fine?" Scarlett asked again, her husky voice laced with concern.

Y/N smiles a little. Scarlett's voice calms her down. "I am now."

Scarlett hums, "Well, I'm always here for you if you need anything. And I was just calling to check if you're free tonight? Rose wants to have a movie night and I know she'll love it more if you join us."

Y/N smiles, "I would love to."

"Great, I'll see you later, baby." Scarlett said.

Y/N blushed. "See you, Scar."

"Laters, Y/N." Scarlett husked and ended the call.

Y/N sighs, still blushing. "Gosh. The things you do to me, Scar." She said and shook her head.