A Boyfriend, Right

NEXT MORNING

"What got you smiling like that?" Elise asked, looking at her daughter.

Y/N didn't say anything, she just smiles even bigger.

Last night with Scarlett was fun. They watched the night sky while talking to each other, and it was wonderful. They catch up with each other, talking about anything.

Y/N loves every second of it. Especially Scarlett's natural husky voice, she always loves it but now she appreciates it more. And the actress' laugh and giggles, it just melts her heart.

She confirmed something though, her small crush on Scarlett isn't so small anymore.

She likes Scarlett.

And it's only been a night with the actress' presence, but she's falling harder.

And it scared her. Scarlett would never feel the same way, especially now that she's a mother and she's older. She wouldn't even think about Y/N that way.

And it hurt her. She frowned.

"Whoa," Elise laughed. "Qu'est-ce qu'il y a ma chérie?" What now, honey?

Y/N shook her head. "Nothing, maman. Are you almost done? I'm bored." She said, pouting. Her mom's at work right now, she's directing an action movie. And her maman promised that they will bake today, she missed her maman's cupcakes.

"I'm nearly done, dear." Elise answered, typing away on her laptop.

Y/N just hummed while she laid down onto their couch, she's planning to look for her own place, since she's older now. But she'll do that some other time, she's been gone for six years. She wants to be with her family for now.

She fished out her phone and starts playing with some games. And then she got bored again.

You can't really blame her, for six years she's always been occupied and never took a break. And now that she's back home, break is all she have. She wanted to be with Rose or Scarlett, but Scarlett have schedule today. While Rose's at school, though, she's excited because she's the one who will be picking up Rose later.

"Hey, maman?" Y/N spoke, locking her phone and rolling to her side to look at her maman.

Elise hummed.

"I haven't seen Romain around, why's that? Even when Scarlett gave birth, he didn't even show up." Y/N asked.

"Romain? Scarlett's ex husband, Romain?" Elise asked, still focused on her work.

Y/N sat up, "Wait, what? Ex husband?"

Elise stopped typing and looked at her daughter, she nodded. "Yeah, dear. They separated years ago."

Y/N's eyes widened, "That's why she was alone when she gave birth?"

"Could be it, dear," Elise nodded. "I'm not really sure. But I do know they got divorced years ago. She's really grateful for you, you know? You helped her in so many ways." She added.

Y/N smiles, "I'm glad I was there."

Then she realized something, "She's single now? No husband?" She asked, her tone is casual because she doesn't want her maman to know that she likes Scarlett. Not now, at least.

"No husband, all right. But a boyfriend, yes." Elise answered, "And honestly, I don't like the dude, there's just some hidden darkness over him." (Again, no hate. Just for the sake of the story🤧)

Y/N didn't say anything.

A boyfriend, right. She thought and could feel her heart shattering.