We Are Too

"Is she gonna be okay?" Hailee asked.

"Yes she'll be fine, it was a tough hours of surgery and she lost a heartbeat once, but she fought. She's still critical so and we need to check up on her every one to two hours a day just to make sure." Dr. Penny said.

"When will she wake up?" Elise asked, holding her wife closer.

"We don't know, she may be in a coma, or she'll wake up tomorrow. No one can tell right now." Dr. Penny answered. "That's also why we need to check up on her frequently, to make sure she's stable."

Scarlett was just listening, holding Y/N's hand, crying silently. It broke her heart seeing all these tubes on Y/N, her bruised face, and those wounds. She knew it wouldn't be a good idea to bring Rose here, and she was right. Rose cannot see Y/N like this, it will break her heart. She's just thankful that Elizabeth agreed to babysit Rose.

"It's good that she's young, her immune system is strong. But being young can be a problem too. She took so much blow on her body and it can cause a problem. I advise that she should get a break for at least three to four months, no missions for the mean time. She needs to rest her body before a serious complication happen." Dr. Penny said.

"Thank you, doc." Anastasia said, smiling a little.

Dr. Penny smiles politely and excused herself.

"We can't even know what really happened to her." Hailee said, shaking her head.

Scarlett was sobbing quietly, and she just buried her face on Y/N's shoulder. Careful not to hurt her even more though.

Anastasia rubbed Scarlett's back, comforting her in some way. They are all heartbroken by this but they can't imagine what Scarlett was feeling.

——

TWO WEEKS LATER

Y/N is still asleep.

Her family came by almost every day, checking up on her.

It's been a week since Y/N came home, although she's still asleep, everyone is happy. The important thing is, she's home and alive.

Everyone came and visited Y/N even though she's still asleep, they just went and chill with her. Happy that she's actually there, and she's actually alive. There's nothing that they ever want than having Y/N asleep and resting, rather than not seeing her at all. This is more than enough for them.

Scarlett would make time for Y/N every day, even though she's super busy with her work. May it be long hours or just an hour. And she would clean Y/N every day, and she started bringing Rose with her when the cuts and bruises on Y/N's face was healed. She was glad that Rose didn't get too sad, just upset that Y/N got hurt but she was happy that Y/N's back. If they're lucky, they would sleep next to Y/N and would go home the next morning to start their day.

Walking towards Y/N's room, Scarlett let out a tired yawn. It was a long day. She just wants to cuddle to her daughter and Y/N's warm body and sleep next to them. Elise messaged her earlier, informing her that they will bring Rose with them at the hospital so she could just go straight there.

She opened the door to Y/N's hospital room, her eyes are half shut. She's really tired and so sleepy, she almost yelled at the paparazzis outside.

"Hey, hon." Scarlett greeted, smiling when her eyes met Y/N's.

"Hey, Scar." Y/N greeted back, smiling widely.

Scarlett smiles. "I missed—"

Then— "Y/N?!"

Scarlett's eyes widened when she realized what the fuck just happened. She looked at Y/N and gasped loudly, "Y/N!"

Scarlett immediately run towards Y/N and kissed her lips, it was slow and passionate. Y/N can taste the saltiness from Scarlett's tears, but she didn't mind, she kisses Scarlett back with the same love. She missed Scarlett's lips. She missed her scent. She missed Scarlett and everything about her. She thought she'll never see her again. She was scared.

After some time, Scarlett pulled away and rests their foreheads together. She's still crying. "I love you, so much."

Y/N pulled away and looked at Scarlett, "You love me?" She asked.

Everyone around them smiles, glad to be witnessing this pure moment. They all came over as soon as the doctor called, saying that Y/N was awake. The whole Avengers family came, Y/N's team, her parents and of course, Rose. And Rose is extra happy, she's just squeezing Elizabeth's hands in excitement, grinning happily.

"I do, Y/N. I love you. I've been in love with you and I wished I could've told you sooner. But here I am, and I-I just, I love you, so much." Scarlett said, tears streaming down her face. She doesn't care whoever hears her, she won't make the same mistake. She will tell Y/N what she feels as much as she can.

Y/N bit her lip, smiling, she reaches for Scarlett's cheeks to wipe her tears. "That's a dream come true, Scar. Hearing you say that really makes me the happiest, God, I'm so in love with you, Scar." She said and she pulled Scarlett's face closer, kissing her with so much love. And Scarlett immediately kisses her back.

"Okay..." Elizabeth whispered and covered Rose's eyes.

Because Scarlett tilted her head as she deepened the kiss, licking Y/N's bottom lip. Y/N was about to grant Scarlett, but there was a cough.

"We're still here." Robert spoke as he coughed again.

Y/N laughed and pulled away from Scarlett's lips after pecking her three times, while saying I love you.

"I love you, more, baby. I love you." Scarlett said, smiling while studying Y/N's face.

"And we're still here." Robert spoke again.

"I'm gonna end you, Robert." Scarlett glared at Robert. "I won't even blink."

Robert pursed his lips, he cleared his throat and motion for them to just continue. Everyone laughed, shaking their heads. Rose just looked confused, but happy anyway.

"Ooh, Natasha is that you?" Y/N asked, smirking.

Scarlett looked at Y/N and raised an eyebrow, smirking a little. "You legit haven't seen me in a while and you want her, not me?" She asked, crossing her arms.

Before Y/N could answer, Tom interrupted. "What is happening?" He asked.

"Don't worry, kid, they're just being hor—" Chris H immediately shut up when Scarlett gave him a look and Elizabeth slapped his arm, telling him Rose is still there.

Y/N laughed and pulled Scarlett back to her. And Scarlett immediately sat down, smiling at Y/N. "You're awake, and you're here."

Y/N hummed, nodding. She smiles and her eyes looked between Scarlett's green ones. "I am. And I'm sorry for hurting you the way that I did."

Scarlett shook her head, "It doesn't matter. It's over now, you're here."

Y/N smiles and looked at Rose, "Come here, Rosie." She said.

Rose giggled and approached the bed, then Scarlett picked her up, kissing her head. They both looked at Y/N.

Y/N looked at her girls, feeling so content and happy. She smiles, "I'm home."

"We are too." Scarlett said looking between Y/N's eyes, smiling.