Falling Fast

The next morning, Scarlett found herself smiling too much.

Her night was spent talking and watching movies with Y/N. But they didn't watched Endgame, she told Y/N to watch it some other time and bribed the soldier to just watch the night sky, and since Y/N loves that, she agreed. But really, Y/N is whipped and will do anything that Scarlett tells her.

So, they did just that and they talked, admired each other and laughed about everything and anything.

And she really love how Y/N would be excited when Rose is brought up, it would melt her heart every single time. She knows Y/N will take care of Rose, and she knows how lucky Rose is for having Y/N, same as her.

Scarlett's phone suddenly buzzed, bringing her back to reality. She smiles when she saw a text message from Y/N. Just who she was thinking of. She opened it.

From: Y/NN❤️

Hey❤️ just arrived at Hailee's. I forgot to show you this. As Rose mentioned at the dinner last night, we did sang at the car and she wanted to record one of it. She wanted to show you and my moms, so, here you go. Enjoy, i miss you already❤️

Video Attachment.

Scarlett smiles widely and saved the video, then typed in her reply first.

To: Y/NN❤️

Hey, Y/NN! Thank you for yesterday and for this, I'm sure I'll love it! You take care and I miss you too, Y/NN. Xoxo

Y/N reacted a heart to her message and she smiles at that. Then she went to her Photos to watch the video.

Y/N's sitting down on the driver's seat while Rose is on her lap.

"I only know the chorus! I'll watch you first and join!!!" Rose giggles, clapping her small hands.

Y/N nodded, giggling. Then she started singing along.

"I fell by the wayside, like everyone else
I hate you, I hate you, I hate you
But I was just kidding myself
Our every moment, I start to replace
'Cause now that they're gone
All I hear are the words that I needed to say

When you hurt under the surface
Like troubled water running cold
Well, time can heal, but this won't..."

"Wow," Rose awed.

"Wow, indeed." Scarlett smiles. And she find it so cute how Rose is looking at Y/N with those big eyes of hers and full of adoration.

"So, before you go
Was there something I could've said
To make your heart beat better?
If only I'd have known you had a storm to weather
So, before you go
Was there something I could've said
To make it all stop hurting?
It kills me how your mind can make you feel so worthless
So, before you go..."

Y/N and Rose giggled.

Scarlett chuckled, "So cute."

Y/N sang the next verse and then Rose joins in for the bridge and the chorus. They were holding hands throughout the song, looking into each other's eyes. It was so pure, and Scarlett even cried a little. She just loves their bonding and the fact that Rose looks up to Y/N is so cute.

She thought the video was over, but it continues to play as another song play in the background.

Y/N reached out to turn the volume down a bit so they could talk.

"Okay, did that feel good?" Y/N asked, smiling.

Rose nodded, smiling. "Yes, thank you, Y/N."

"Anytime, now, what did we talked about earlier before we sang?" Y/N asked.

"It's okay to cry because it's better than hiding your emotions or feelings." Rose said.

Y/N hums, nodding. "And?"

"But next time, I will only cry a little because crying hard is bad for my health and mommy will be worried. I will just try my best to tell her what I really want and express my feelings in a way that we wouldn't panic." Rose recited with a huge smile.

Y/N smiles widely, hugging Rose. "Good job, Rosie. That's right. Mommy will be so proud of her big girl!"

Rose giggles against Y/N's chest. "I'm a big girl?" She asked.

Y/N pulled away from the hug and looked at Rose. "Of course, big girls listens to their mummies and grownups very well and you're doing just that."

Rose cheered, "Yey, I'm a big girl!"

Y/N giggle and cheered too.

The video ended and Scarlett is crying. She's crying, happy tears. She can't control the fast beating of her heart though, Y/N is just so amazing and she can make Rose calm down.

She sent the video to her family, smiling while happy tears streams down her face. God, I'm falling for this girl. And I'm falling fast.

***

AT HAILEE's

Y/N raised an eyebrow, "Really? I know Emily Dickinson, she's a great writer back in the day, such a waste that she didn't see that people loved her works. And she's rumored to be a lesbian, so that's a bonus." She chuckled.

They're about to watch Dickinson.

Hailee smiles, clearly impressed. "You know your stuff, okay, Ms. Genius, I see you, I see you."

Y/N rolled her eyes, laughing.

"But yes, in fact, she is a lesbian." Hailee said. (Is she though?)

"What's your role?" Y/N asked, finishing her burger.

"Emily Dickinson." Hailee smirked.

Y/N raised an eyebrow, grinning. "I see. Interesting. I never peg you to play a—"

"Lesbian?" Hailee interrupted Y/N, laughing.

Y/N smirked, "A poet."

Hailee rolled her eyes, "Whatever, dude."

Y/N laughs and sighed. "I'm so glad to be back though. I missed you, I missed everyone."

"Me too, dude. We always thought of you." Hailee said and wiped her hands to hug her best friend. "And I'm happy to see that you're still my best friend. Still have that innocence in you, I guess the profanity and naughtiness are just a bonus."

"Shut up." Y/N said, laughing.

"Hey, it's true! You couldn't even said a bad word six years ago, even if your life depended on it." Hailee teased, grinning.

Y/N laughed, rolling her eyes. She wrapped her arms around Hailee's waist, hugging her back. "You're beautiful now, though. You were ugly before." She teased back, grinning.

Hailee slapped Y/N's arm, "I could say the same thing, ugly ass bitch."

Y/N laugh loudly and pulled away from Hailee. "Jesus, Hails. My innocent ears, please. You can't say too much profanity at a presence of a kid."

Hailee raised her eyebrows, "Bitch, please."

And the two of them just laughed.