Chapter 4: Playing Together

When Mariana finished her shift, she brought some cupcakes to give Crystal as a thank you gift. Sometimes would make a cake herself and give it to Micah, but if she didn't have time, then she would buy something.

She put in the trunk of her car and then jumped in. As the car vibrated to life, Mariana hummed to herself and turned the radio up.

When she got to the mansion, she was led inside by one of the maids that took her to the playroom. She gently opened the door, and Crystal and the kids were all on the floor, playing with some toys.

"Hey!" Mariana said with glee. She was so thrilled to see her kids again as they had been on her mind. Even though they were in good hands, she occasionally worried about their well-being.

"Hi Mariana, how was work?" Crystal asked while stacking some blocks with Axel.

"It was okay, how are you?" She sat down on the floor next to Elisa, who played with wooden animals.

"We're good, I took them to the park to stretch their legs and then we came back here and had a little play around in the pool."

"Aw, that's good. I brought you something to say thank you for your time." Mariana got out the cupcakes from the bag and passed them onto her.

"Thank you Mariana, these look delicious." Crystal placed them in her lap and opened the lid. There was a mix of vanilla and chocolate; some had frosting swirled into flowers of pink and blue.

"Why don't we eat these downstairs since Aidan still isn't home?" Crystal suggested. If he was in the house, then she would take them out. But if he was away, then they would stay and play games since Micah didn't want his dad anywhere near his grandchildren.

"Okay!" Mariana gathered her kids, and they all went downstairs to the living room.

Mylah was comfortably seated on the plush couch, watching some random channel and eating toffee apples. She had grown tremendously and was taller than her teenage self. Her glossy hair was straightened and in a high ponytail.

"Hi, Mylah!" Mariana waved to her as she sat down next to Crystal.

"Hi!" Mylah turned to her with a beaming smile. Her pink lip gloss glistened along her plump lips.

"Is Makayla visiting today?" Mariana asked.

"Um, I don't know, maybe. She hasn't come yet though," Crystal said. Since Makayla was head of her mother's company, she had recently moved out and only came to visit at unpredictable moments.

"Oh... okay," Mariana mumbled with an undertone of sadness. She didn't get to see Makayla that much anymore, and that caused her to feel sad as she dearly missed her.

"Anyway, how have you and Micah been getting on? Wasn't he supposed to come today?" Crystal asked as she took a cupcake and started eating.

"Good! He was actually, but I think he got caught up in some business I think."

"Ah okay, yeah, he's working on his restaurant isn't he?"

"Yeah, he is," Mariana mumbled proudly.

"Aw, I can't wait to see it completed. He worked so hard, I'm so proud of him." Crystal leaned back while taking more bites.

"Me too!"

"So." Crystal then leaned against her arm while facing her. "Did you two do anything yesterday?"

"Well, we enjoyed a picnic yesterday,"Mariana exclaimed joyfully and bounced in her seat.

"Oh yeah, yesterday the weather was extremely nice, we even went out ourselves to have a little walk."