Chapter 50: Uncovered Secrets

Mariana stared at her because it wasn't the same Mona she made friends with. This one had an icy glare that froze her features. Her eyes dangerously narrowed and kept their eye on her like a gun on its target.

It wasn't long till Mariana's fists clenched in anger at her infuriating smirk. It's like her kids kidnapped was a joke to her, and all the distress it caused.

"Give me back my kids!" She demanded and started speed-walking up to her.

"I'm afraid it's not that simple my dear Mariana." She smirked again, making Mariana more heated. "And now I'm going to have to kill you."

What?

Without warning, Mona pounced onto Mariana and they started wrestling with each other. They rolled around on the ground, and Mona pinned her down. She tried trapping her with her legs, but Mariana kicked her off.

"Where are my kids?" Mariana roared and jumped onto her. She grabbed her shirt and started shaking an answer out of her. When that didn't work, she smashed her face onto the floor. It broke her nose and blood leaked out, but Mona wasn't fazed in the slightest. Instead, she just smiled and chuckled.

"No point in telling you since you won't be alive to see them," Mona replied, with a straight face. She suddenly lifted her hand and pierced the knife into her arm. She dragged it down slowly, seeing the flesh rip open and blood spewed out.

Mariana screeched in agony and quickly elbowed her off. Her body tingled and she held her arm, crying and looking over at Mona with windows of pain.

"Why Mona? Why are you doing all this to me?" She shouted, but her sentence broke at the end. She felt a rumbling of anger and pain. She was hurt because this person, who she once considered a friend, was, now was willing to do all this for a person who didn't deserve a speck of loyalty.

"You really want to know?" Mona stumbled. She wiped the blood that crawled to her lips and eyes shone a menacing green.

"You took Xavier away from me! It's your fault he's dead!" Mona screamed and rattled their eardrums. Her fists pounded the air, and her once smooth face crinkled and faded into a crimson ball of rage mixed with grief.

Mariana froze, and her eyes bulged with fear at the sudden anger that ignited before her. Never had she seen someone so full of venom and fury.

Mona sniffed and tried stabbing her but because she was filled with pent-up anger, it distorted her angle. So she made holes onto the floorboard.

"He was my everything. My love, my knight, and my provider," Mona spluttered out. She finally burst out into a stream of tears that have been locked up for the past five years. It made her aims even more pathetic.

"My life was perfect with him," she cried and ripped the knife out. Her blood boiled and threw it again, but Mariana dodged it. "Everything was going well but now its all ruined."

Mariana ran to the door, but Mona grabbed her leg and thrusted it back. She stepped on her legs and sliced them, making her scream of the pressure and the stinging pain.

"Do you know how it feels to cry yourself to sleep every night wondering why. Why the one you love decided to take their own life over one person." Mona's words stung her as her chest tightened thinking about it. She placed her hand over it while clutching the knife.

"Having it replay over and over like a nightmare you can't escape from," she muttered quietly and her eyes shot up with a murderous gaze. Mariana could hear her breath steaming out her flaring nose. Her eyes then shifted to the knife that laid between her fingers.

"But now his death won't go to waste," she muttered with a blood-thirsty grin. Her hand began shaking as she stomped onto her legs. Mariana screeched and tried moving away, but the searing pain in her legs made it harder to move.