Chapter 23: Getting Help

The next morning, Micah and Mariana parked outside his father's company which was currently owned by Mason.

Mariana looked at it as a glimmer of hope. She smiled and then turned back to Micah who stared at it with dread. His head leaned towards the front. It felt heavier than usual as he refused to make eye contact with the building. He groaned but Mariana lifted his chin.

"Hey it's okay, I'm right here with you," she murmured, "it will be okay, you just have to go in for a few minutes to talk with your brother. If you want, I can come in with you to give you support." She caressed his cheek, and her chocolate milk eyes stared lovingly into his forest ones.

"No it's okay, you stay here," He patted her thigh and then kissed her on the cheek. "I'll be fine. Your too precious to me."

"Alright." Mariana let him out and watched as he walked towards the entrance. She started laughing and shook her head. "Four years later and he still doesn't want me around his brother," she mumbled to herself.

Micah walked into the immense building. His frown expanded as this was the last place he would want to be. He hated being in here. It reminded him of all that pressure his father had put on him all those years back. But the company did have a great influence so they could likely provide them with some assistance.

He breathed in to calm himself down and then went to the receptionist. She recognized his face and directed him to the CEO's office. Micah took the elevator up there and saw the various floors where people walked to their different departments. They looked like tiny ants on the crystalline tiles as the sun rays shone down from the done-shaped crystal roof.

This place hasn't changed one bit he thought to himself.

Once he got to the top floor, the doors opened and he stepped out. The doors to the office were just opposite him, and it felt like they were mocking him like Mason used to. Just stood there with their dark oak, all menacing looking.

He was about to grab the door handle but halted. For a second, he could overhear his brother's voice on the other side. It sounded like he was talking on the phone, and it made him grumble, because of all the arguments they used to have. He still felt like punching him whenever he provoked him with Mariana. But he let that feeling settle as he opened the door and saw his brother sitting at the desk.

"Hi Mason," he said, as calmly as he could. Even though inside, his blood was already boiling.

"Micah?" Mason looked up slowly. His eyes peered over as he muttered his name in confusion, "is that you?"

He bore a bewildered expression. He wore a navy suit and his hair was styled in waves with a nice fade, and a gold watch across his wrist.

"Yeah," Micah responded and then sat down directly in front of him.

"How are you? Long time no see." Mason smiled as he wasn't expecting this.

"Fine," Micah replied dryly. He crossed his legs and his arms as he stared gravely at his brother. He tried to be still, but the sight in front disgusted him so much that he was trying not to shake with fury.

"You and Mariana doing okay? Are you still together?" Mason asked as he grabbed his coffee and swished it a little.

"Why do you care?" Micah angrily blurted out and thumped fists down on the table. He hated the mention of Mariana's name coming from Mason's mouth.

"Chill out man, I don't mean any harm." Mason raised his palms in defense as he consumed his coffee. He set it down and then cleared his throat. "I know you still hate me, but I mean that for real this time."