Chapter 29: Ignition

At a time convenient, Micah reluctantly met up with Aidan and they sat together in Wendy's. Aidan had nervous sweat dripping down his forehead as his son made no attempt to cover the fact that he didn't want to be there.

Micah's eyes narrowed, and his mouth morphed into a hard frown while munching a burger. He glared at the blank table like it was his enemy and the one wasting his time. He knitted his eyebrows harshly, and wasn't bothered of changing his expression, like he was pretending to be happy for Aidan's comfort. For he would rather be anyplace else on Earth.

"So..." Aidan began. He flexed his fingers as Micah's dark glare stiffened him on the spot.

"Well? What you got?" Micah demanded suddenly and sharply with the swiftness of his voice.

"Alright slow down, I'll get them out," Aidan said and started digging through his bag.

Micah kissed his teeth and tucked his arms. This was accompanied with a heavy eye roll that almost made his pupils run to the back of his head. Aidan caught sight of this and was puzzled by his attitude.

"What's your problem? I'm trying to help you here," he asked with his voice tinted with annoyance. He arranged the papers out and placed them on the table.

"It's nothing," Micah grumbled and looked to the floor. Being this near Aidan like this made him fidget uncomfortably.

"It's always nothing with you, just making complaints for no reason," he muttered irritably, but shook the rest of his thoughts away.

However, Micah's ears perked up at the minor comment, and he felt some anger burning inside. It was just the same things being repeated over once more. His feelings never listened to. It made his mind increasingly frustrated as his voice bubbled in his throat. But he refused to do so as he came here for one thing: finding his kids.

Therefore, he clutched his hands together. They were shaking violently but he restrained them together, not letting the fury escape.

"Mason told me to give this to you," Aidan said and pushed the documents to him.

Micah took them off the table while eating a fry. At least this was distracting him away from looking at Aidan's face.

"Also, I was wondering if after this we could talk a little. You know, as father and son."

"Why?" Micah questioned, no emotion ran through his voice. "There's nothing to talk about, there never has been."

"Well there are many things to catch up on. I want to know what you have been getting up to these past few years."

"Nothing." He bluntly ended it with a full stop. "You never cared to hear what I had to say so why bother."

"Well many things. I want to know how you and Mariana's lives have been getting on. I would also like to meet my grandchildren when we find them."

"That's not gonna happen." Micah shook his head and ate some more fries. His eyes kept to the paper and drank some coke.

"Now can we just get to the point?" He waved the sheets around with force and slapped them down. "This is already uncomfortable and I just want to find my kids."

Aidan sighed and nodded. "Fine. He said they managed to trace the phone number to a woman called Pamela."

"Really?" He muttered and stared the papers, what Aidan said transitioned like a blur through his ears.

"Yep. They think she may have provided some aid to Mona and may have an idea where she is right now."

"Okay, that's good." Micah nodded in satisfaction at the results. The papers only brought out a small grin from him, but nothing was shown to Aidan.