Chapter 17: DisneyWorld

"I'm so proud of you," Mariana murmured as she began drawing circles along Micah's chest. They were staring up at the ceiling fan while lying in bed together.

"So..." she said, "are you excited for the opening day after we come back?"

"Of course, especially since I'll be able to do it with you." He held her hand and kissed it.

Mariana smiled as his beard tickled her forehead, but then something clicked in her head. "Oh yeah, I got something for you." She reached over him while pressing thee sheets against her chest and got a bag from under the bed.

"It's nothing much but I think it will give you a good start." She shrugged and was slightly nervous whether what she brought was good enough.

Micah sat up and then a box dropped out into his hand. It was three packets that contained a set of 50 pieces each of gold eating utensils.

"Thank you, my sweet love, it's exactly what I need." He put it to the side and kissed her face sweetly while cupping her cheeks. It was one of the best things he could receive from her.

"No problem my baby, you deserve the best," she said, and then her head flopped down the pillow. "But I'm tired now, so let's go to sleep."

"Alright, but I just want to do one more thing quickly first."

"What's that?" She mumbled into the fabric with one eye open.

He then got out and hoisted her up. Mariana was slightly caught off guard as she clutched the sheets to her chest.

"Micah, what are you—" But she was silenced when he quickly whisked her off her feet. They slowly waltzed across their bedroom with Dream Girl playing in the background like the sounds of a piano.

Mariana then pulled him away a bit, but then she slowly brought him in again and slowly wrapped her arms around his neck. She breathed in his lovely scent as his hands stroked through her curls. He nuzzled the crook of her neck while his other hand traveled down her back, caressing her gently.

They stuck to each other as their feet lightly went around the whole room. Mariana's body swayed slightly in rhythm as she was in his lovely embrace.

****

At the sight of the purple skyline skiing over the horizon, Mariana and Micah were with their friends at the LAX Airport. Elisa and Axel were fast asleep in their strollers, and the older kids were freely playing about while they waited.

Their flight was in a few minutes, but someone's phone went off in their pockets. They all checked and it ended up being Mona's. She read it and then ended up getting up from her seat. "I just realized I forgot to tell my nanny she doesn't need to come today, so I'm just calling her now."

"Oh sure go ahead," Mariana and Leilani said without looking up. She then brushed a strand behind her ear and went pacing around the area.

"I'm so tired this morning because I was up around midnight trying to get Elisa and Axel to sleep." Mariana rubbed her eyes and shook her head tiredly.

"They went to bed at...twelve?"

"I know it sounds bad but hear me out." Mariana put her hands out in defense. "So you know how toddlers are supposed to get around twelve hours of sleep."