Chapter 27: History Logs

Mariana lay on the couch, watching TV with Micah beside her with his hand up her chest. They had a blanket covering them as they were snug like two peas in a pod.

Mariana was laughing at what was said on TV as Micah drummed a little on her tummy. The small spots he pressed made him briefly turn around and peck him on the lips. She quickly faced away and giggled to herself. However, Micah had other plans and lightly pressed tickling kisses against her neck.

She howled, squirmed, and moved her head uncomfortably, making Micah chuckle as he found her weak spot.

"Does that tickle you?" He smirked and tapped her stomach more. Mariana ended up kicking her legs as a rumble of giggles kept bubbling out of her mouth like she was a soda drink.

"Stop it!" She spluttered out as Micah's fingers made their way down her back. He planted some kisses down which was enough to send her falling to the floor, landing on her back to shield it away from him.

Micah jumped down and continued tickling Mariana while keeping her hostage on the floor. She rolled around, trying to get away but he tickled her armpits.

She tried keeping her pits closed but Micah still got under and was laughing along with her, until she started coughing and crawled away like a caterpillar.

Micah let her go and she continued coughing so she could regain her breath. He was laughing at her as her tongue rolled out like an exhausted puppy who needed water.

"That was funny," he said.

"That was torture," Mariana said and almost passed out onto the rug.

"Cheer up, mi amor." He went over and patted her back. "Tickling you is just so funny to watch."

"That's because your the one doing the tickling," Mariana said, gaining her voice back as she now sat up. Micah scooted next to her and cuddled her body to his as the TV screen stood above them on its stand.

Their eyes became glued to the screen as Mariana folded her legs. Her head flopped onto his shoulder and her breathing became gentle. She slowly held Micah's and started caressing it, making her lips curve into a grin. For now, everything was at peace even though it wasn't complete.

"Hey, why don't we go on a little walk? Like we used to do when Elisa was a newborn?" She raised her head to look him in the eyes.

"Right now?" Micah said, "you want to go for a walk?"

"Yeah, why not." She grinned up at him. "It's a great way to take our minds off things.

"Okay, let's go for a walk then." He got up and then pulled Mariana up with him. He was still laughing at what happened earlier but quietened down when Mariana gave his arm a little pinch.

They went to their bedroom and Mariana sat on her vanity table. It was near the window so the light from the sun shone its way through the icy curtains that looked like a snowy glaze.

She puffed on a light blush and rose her cheeks to smile in the mirror. She was loving the look, even though she had bags under her eyes from the lack of sleep. So she put on some mascara and 24K butterfly earrings that Micah got her for their second anniversary.

"You ready?" He came behind her and tied her mother's necklace around her slender neck. He stared at her radiating beauty in the mirror and gave her some kisses around her collarbone.

"You look so sexy," he murmured and caressed her hair. He continued murmuring sweet nothings into her ear and showering her with kisses. "I almost want to keep you back here now."

"Thanks, Micah, now go get ready before we never end up leaving," Mariana said and lightly pushed him away.

"Alright my sweet." He let her go and went to his closet. However, Mariana giggled and got out some concealer.