Chapter 13: Moving Ahead

A few weeks passed and Micah was looking at the floor plan with Jay and Miss Anderson. The kitchen was all done and now they were installing some utilities such as toilets, and were bringing in extra wood for the stage that will be coming through.

"Alright, so now the kitchen is finished so we are going to work in the dining area, and have the stage here as you wanted," Miss Anderson said, moving her hands around the map and furthest back into the restaurant plan.

"Yeah, that sounds good." Micah nodded in interest. His eyes scanned over everything. Everything was looking good and falling smoothly into place like a puzzle piece being put into place.

"Are you going to have regular performances?" Jay asked.

"Well, not at the beginning. I would see how it goes, but I would mostly like to have late afternoon or evening shows because it will make it more fun." He loved it when there was music playing inside restaurants and it added to the enjoyment of the food.

"That would be pretty fun. Food and singing going together," Miss Anderson said cheerfully.

"Yep, that's the point. I want the atmosphere to be joyful and for everyone to have a good time," Micah said and smiled in triumph.

"So you want to have the stage built first and then we can set the tables around after?" Miss Anderson suggested softly.

"Yeah, I think that sounds like a good plan. But also, I want to put some plants around, so should I do that before or after we place the tables?"

"You should do before so that you know how to arrange the tables around them," Jay said.

"That's true," Micah said, stroking his beard and having second thoughts, "yeah, I'll do that, thanks." He then got up and tucked in his chair. "Is there anything else I need to know?"

"Not really, that's all I got updated for you," Miss Anderson stacked her papers neatly.

"Okay, I'll see you next week for any updates."

"See you later."

"Hey Micah, you wanna do baseball this weekend?" Jay asked.

"Sure," Micah agreed and then went out the door.

When he went to pick up the kids, he got a box of cookies that Mariana made out from the trunk. found them with his mom in the living room. She was sat on the couch while knitting to keep her occupied.

"Hi, Mom!" Micah greeted her in Spanish.

"Hi, mi hijo!" Crystal's face brightened up as she placed her needles down.

"How are you doing mom?" Micah placed the cookies next to her and hugged her.

"I'm good, are those for me?" She asked, pointing to the tin.

"Yeah, Mariana made them for you."

"Aw, that's so sweet." She looked through them and picked one up. "So you didn't help her?" Her words were as sharp as her eyes shot up.

"Well—um—um..." he stuttered as he felt like he had been put on the spot. He started scratching his head awkwardly, not knowing how to answer.

"I'm only joking." Crystal started laughing and ate the cookie. Micah laughed along and sat down next to her.

"Daddy! Daddy!" Elisa and Axel stopped what they were doing and ran to hug him.

"Hey, guys!" He hugged them and lifted them off the ground. "We're you guys good for Ita?"

"Very good!"