Chapter 26: Comfort and Pastries

The phone was still on Mariana's lap as she was trying to make sense of everything that just happened. Mona, Xavier, and their picture. Just everything about it made her feel very uncomfortable.

"Was that Mona on the phone?" Micah asked.

"Yeah..." Mariana mumbled, "now I know where I know her from. She was there when Xavier kidnapped me."

"What? When did this happen?" Micah looked at her with the most confused expression plastered on his face.

"I never told you about this but it happened when we were still broken up," Mariana muttered and shook her head because the memory was painful to recall.

"Xavier managed to catch me again and lock me up somewhere. I did hear Mona's voice but never saw her face so that's why I couldn't recognize her at first."

"That makes sense. It's also been a long time so it's understandable that you couldn't recognize her," Makayla pointed out.

"Yeah, I know." Mariana slowly nodded and smiled to keep herself thinking positive. But then her phone flashed and an email appeared on the screen. She glanced down and it was from an unknown sender.

This piqued her curiosity because she might have thought this was the "special package" Mona was talking about. Or, it could be from somewhere else, but right now, she wanted to open it because if there was a chance it would lead to finding her kids.

She ended up opening but on seeing the first video, she wished she never made that decision.

On the video, her precious munchkins were stood together, with their eyes hooded with blood, and a frown smeared crimson along their cheeks. They were cuts like tiger strikes across their arms and their full lips had a slit down the middle.

Mariana could only look for less than a second as she threw the phone on the table like it was a cursed image. Her tears broke out like a dam as she let out a stream and a shriek.

"My babies!" She screamed, "what has she done to them!"

The others surrounded her phone and their jaws dropped once they heard a cackling, chirpy voice in the background.

"Hey Mariana! Hope you and Micah are doing okay since I have your squirming little kids!"

"Don't tell me that is who I think that is..." Micah scowled.

"Yeah, it is...." Makayla replied awkwardly.

"What she even doing back here? Can't she go one day without terrorizing people like the witch she is." He scowled, "little demon bitch."

"I'm convinced the puta has some mental illness because this obsession is getting weird..." Makayla said.

Screams and desperate pleas filled the air as they both turned to look at Mariana, but were disturbed to see her changed demeanor. Her eyes narrowed, darkening the brown in them as her body rocked slowly. They heard the forced puffing out coming from her steaming nostrils, and her knuckles turned scarlet as they shook against her face, like a volcano waiting to erupt.

Then out of nowhere, she got up. She sauntered towards the table and closed the video.

"She wants to keep on trying me. Once she goes too far, it'll lead to her own death," she calmly muttered, which left everyone unsettled.

"I'm going to get my kids back, and then I'll slit her throat with my nails!" She raised her voice, but it wasn't directed at anyone in particular. But they all took a step back as she picked up her phone and waved it in the air.

"But first, I'll do every single injury that I see on my kids, and then I'll end her life with my bare hands!" She let out her anger and screamed out loud since she couldn't do it to Electra.