Chapter 33: Interrogation

The day arrived when Mariana and Micah were called to the police station. They managed to locate this 'Pamela' person and were currently interrogating her.

Mariana tapped her fingers anxiously. They waited with Mason while hearing the woman defend herself with fright echoing in her voice. She kept denying knowing Mona's plans and knowing where she was.

"I wonder if we are going to get any answers today," Mariana muttered and squeezed Micah's hand. It felt like they had been waiting for an eternity even though it's only just been a few minutes.

"Hopefully we do. Because if she knows where Mona is, then we can get them back as soon as we can," Micah said while his leg was shaking nervously under the table.

"I'm sure she would. We've been making great progress lately," Mason said.

"Yeah, we have!" Mariana exclaimed. She was overjoyed with the results they have got so far.

"So Micah, have you, and dad been getting along okay?" Mason asked.

Well, there's been no physical fight yet which is a good start, Mariana thought to herself. She was at the end while the two brothers sat next to each other.

"Yeah, it's been good," Micah said. He just looked down at his phone. "I wonder what the police are talking about." He instantly shifted the subject as he didn't want to talk too deeply about the other thing.

"I just hope this woman can provide some answers to us." Mariana sighed. She felt like this was a crucial bit to the case. If this doesn't work out then their babies would be lost forever...

They heard the police getting increasingly impatient. Their voices got significantly louder and they were shocked when they saw the woman getting dragged out, to meet them face-to-face.

"These are the parents whose lives are now ruined because you helped their kids get taken away," one officer said, and forced Pamela to stare deep into the fiery eyes of Mariana. Her jet-black hair drooped and laid on the faint beauty mark printed on one cheek. She was shaking in her handcuffs by the intense stare she came under.

She just looked like any other regular person, but to them, she just helped in the kidnapping of their beloved kids. So was one of the worst people alive.

"Where did Mona take my kids?" Mariana immediately screeched in her face. She didn't want to waste any time as she wanted answers and wanted them now.

"Alright look," Pamela said before sitting down opposite her. "I'm sorry about what happened to your kids okay? I honestly had no idea that she would do something like that. Because all she wanted me to do was to create some fake documents for her."

"What kind of documents?" Micah demanded and punched his fist hard on the table, making it rumble like an earthquake.

Pamela shuffled her feet and rubbed her ears. She awkwardly avoided eye contact as her lips quivered in their reluctance to respond. Instead of wanting to comply, she was searching around for an escape.

"Hey! We asked you a question!" Mariana snapped her fingers sharply to get her attention. Her patience was dropping lower and faster than Pamela's frightened frown.

"Leave me alone okay!" Pamela screamed and tried getting up, but was restrained by the officers.

"I got my own problems to worry about alright? She solely came to ask me for a favor. It's what I do. How was I supposed to know she was going to use them to travel—" she suddenly stopped and concealed her mouth.

"Oh so these are travel documents," Micah said while eyeing her suspiciously.

Pamela didn't say anything else but her face was slowly turning pink as her mouth began quivering.