Chapter 45: Unusual Location

Mariana cradled Micah's face between her palms. She hummed to herself as she rolled a facial roller across his cheeks. Since they were waiting for Mason to come with the FBI, she decided to pass the time by giving Micah a special facial.

"Thanks for letting me do this." Mariana smiled but it fell with her whole face lowering.

"It's alright, I can see it's keeping you happy," Micah replied with his face being smooshed like dough.

"Yeah," she chuckled. The only spring of happiness that sprang from her lips. The little water of laughter that soon dissolved back into that frown, but she tried to remain happy.

"I'm gonna make your face so nice and smooth," she said and stroked him. It did help keep her mind busy as she didn't want it traveling back to the latest video of her kids.

"Your mother and daddy aren't coming to save you."

"They don't care about you."

Mariana shuddered and tried to block them out. She scrunched her eyes and mouth as she felt the painful tears prickling through like needles. One pulled through and dropped on Micah's cheek.

"Hey, it's okay." Micah wiped her tears away with his thumb. "We're getting them back soon."

"I know, but I feel like we've failed them," she said. Micah saw her entire face slowly crack like stone and break into sobs.

"Hey, it's okay," Micah said softly. His hands reached toward her, and her tears got swept with his thumb. "We're gonna get them back soon." He tried comforting his precious, sweet little nugget.

"I know, but I feel like we've failed them by having it take this long," she admitted quietly and wiped her nose which started leaking.

"I feel like that too. But the important thing is that we are getting them back now, and it won't be long because now we will know where they are." He sat up and grasped her hands within his, wrapping them firmly like they were delicate diamonds. Mariana sniffed and pouted up at him.

"We are still looking which means we haven't failed them," he continued, "don't listen to what Electra said in the video. Our kids know we love them and we won't stop looking until we get them back."

Mariana slowly nodded with understanding. She muttered an 'okay' and loosened her hands. She sighed and went right back to work. She rubbed some cleanser into her hands and massaged his face like she was washing a baby's bum.

"You like that Amore?" her face was inches away from his, as she gently caressed his temples.

Micah nodded with his eyes closed. "You're really good at this *corazón." (sweetheart).

He let out a small chuckle as Mariana went pressed his eyes like buttons. He reached out and held her face in place. He slowly kissed her lips and sucked a little on her bottom lip like a sweet mango. Mariana's heart pounded loudly in her fluttering chest and her cheeks heated when she kissed him back before letting go.

"I gotta look after my babe that's why," she said and rubbed some cleanser between her hands. She started massaging his face like she was washing a baby's bum. "You like that?" she gently caressed his temples.

Micah nodded with his eyes closed. She smirked and grabbed a wet washcloth. She began wiping his face clean and kissed the tip of his nose to make sure he was okay. She then grabbed the packet of animal crackers and chucked some into her mouth.

"Mm, this is good. No wonder Axel likes it so much." She looked at the packet and took some more to chuck into her mouth. "When we get our babies back, I'm gonna get him a big packet of animal crackers." She nodded to herself as some crumbs fell inside her shirt.