Part 27

Draco stared at them with a scoff. Although, a part of him wondered. In his original world, many had suspected that the Malfoy line had a strong veela influence. It was not hard to see why they would think that either. Not only were they extremely good in terms of political influence, but their physical attributes often looked very similar to many Veela. Tall, leathe, blonde hair, crystal to crystal gray eyes. It was not a mystery why the rumors abounded quite strongly. Though, they were not necessarily rumors, the influence of the Veela line was not nearly as prominent as they liked to think. Furthermore, it was not hard to see how it was possible. Both Draco and his father managed to amass people to their cause with just their voice and words. Something that was another very common trait with Veela, even without their influencing nature. 

It had come to a head once that one French school had come to Hogwarts to visit. Draco had seemed so very similar to them. People were able to draw at the very minimum physical similarities. Draco had not really paid much attention however, and now he was wishing that he would have been more proactive with those things. Yet, he had more worrying things to deal with during that time. He had not really had the luxury of paying attention to those sorts of things. Still, it would be more useful now, especially if what Lucius was divulging to him was real. He had known that he would grow into an inheritance at some point, but he had not really thought about what kind he would get. He had not really cared, but it was obvious that it was a big deal. Draco just had not really bothered to care too much about it because it was not as though he could very well just choose what he wanted. What was the point in stressing over it too much? 

He could not help but wonder though. Since he had technically been conceived in this realm, and he had not broken in his supposed creature inheritance in his other world, was it because of the barrier between the two that caused his lack in development, or was it perhaps something else? It was confusing to him, because these sorts of things had not been in play in his world that he had lived for so long. None of this had really even been thought of. There was still differences, and this was the major one that he was realizing. 

This world, it was definitely interesting. He figured it was a mix of several generations. It was hard to wrap his head around, and he could not just forget everything that he had learned as a child from the previous one. This was just horribly frustrating and confusing. Now he was being told it was likely that he would develop some sort of veela inheritance, despite not knowing what the hell that entailed. It was not something that he wanted to dwell on. Now that he was forced to address the issue, he realized how stupid it was to sideline these sorts of things. 

Whether he liked it or not he was stuck with dealing with whatever it was that he was to present as. Furthermore, he was a Malfoy. He had been the sole heir, and now, now that was Lucius, something he was both grateful for, and not at the same time. He was grateful because he was not sure how this new world worked. He did not know the ins and outs as his father-turned-brother did. Furthermore, everyone was so...different, and yet so much the same. It was horribly confusing, and adding onto the duty as an heir to that, Draco was not sure that he would be able to handle that. Though it would seem that his grandfather-turned-father was a lot more light on Lucius than his father was on him. It was both a relief, and not. Furthermore, the last thing that he needed was his own family hating him because Draco had stolen something that had previously been theirs to own. That was definitely not something he wanted to deal with. At the same time, though, Draco could not help but feel as though everything that he had been through with Lucius in training to become the heir of the family, was worthless, and that hurt...far more than he really allowed himself to think on. He did not want to think about it, and he tried to ignore the meaning behind all of it as much as possible. 

"A veela?" He questioned, tilting his head slightly as he thought it over. "I suppose it is possible, though as you stated, we will not know for sure." Draco stood, shaking his head and trying to clear his thoughts out. "I know you are worried, but I assure you, I am perfectly fine. A bit lightheaded, perhaps, but it is nothing to worry over. I just have not been sleeping well, which is also normal." Draco added swiftly when he saw that the other two were about to comment something, he sighed. "It is fine, do not worry about it. Should something happen that is out of the ordinary, then I shall inform you promptly. I promise, for now, please, just let it be. I am not really in the mood to...deal with it." He gave Severus and Lucius a dark glare, daring them to comment. "Besides, we are returning home soon, are we not? If you are really all that worried, we can speak to Gr...We may speak to Father about it." Draco allowed himself some subtle relief. It was really hard to keep the switched titles proper all of the time, and it was really beating him down as well, but he refused to allow it to worry him. "Then, whatever he decides, we will go by. Just two more months. Nothing to worry too much over, as I am sure that you are aware." He glanced at the clock above the mantel.

 Lucius and Severus, were not too fond of waiting, but Draco had pointed out several fair points, and they could not really find a good avenue to argue with him. As annoying as it may be, and as worried as they may currently find themselves, Draco was being rather fair and amicable. They were just worried that when they did finally go home for winter break, it would be too late.