31

Lucius felt a breath that he was holding release as he recognized the entrance of Tom Riddle. It had taken the man long enough to get there. Then again, he could not really blame him. After all, it was Lucius and Severus' fault that Draco was even acting like this. Nothing would have happened had they not decided to go behind the other's back as they had. Despite the logical reasons that they had done it. He understood that they had sort of hurt Draco, and that Draco likely was not going to just let something like this go. It was definitely not the type of person that he was. It also did not mean that he was not going to eventually realize that Lucius and Severus had good intentions, even if it was highly unlikely he would care that much, and would certainly never apologize. It was fine, Lucius felt. In the end Lucius did not much care what Draco wanted if what the other wanted was not good for him. 

Tom walked down, slowly, likely showing how unaffected by the current state of things that he was. It was a tactic that the Dark Lord often employed. It showed who was really in charge, and it also had the benefit of doing exactly what it was doing now-earning the awe of those who were affected, or did not know what to do. Lucius himself had employed similar tactics multiple times. It was something that many Slytherins of extremely high power and status used. It was just something useful, in the end. It did not really do much other then toying with the atmosphere and using it to their advantage. Lucius could admit that Tom was quite good at it. If anyone would have been the one to perfect the art it would have been Heir of Salzaar Slytherin, and perfect it he did. 

Tom slid down the stairs, almost gliding, as his dark eyes took in everything about him. It was no lie that Tom Riddle was quite a gorgeous human, and he wore his features quite well, and the confidence that he exuded definitely helped. He just...attracted the eye. It was something about him, and Lucius knew well what it was. Barring the fact that Tom Riddle was a mysterious man who knew how to use mystery to his advantage, his never ending confidence definitely helped as well. Typically, that effortlessness really irked Lucius, however in this moment he would state that he was rather glad for it. 

"Draco," Tom stated, his words very soft, quiet, but ever the more pleasant for it. "Hey," Tom braved the storm, gentle hands placing themselves on the younger's shoulders, stroking down, and soothing him a bit, before using two fingers to gently tip his chin up to meet his eyes. There seemed to be something so...intimate about it that it made Lucius uncomfortable to watch. He knew that he was the one who called for Tom but he did not really like watching whatever it was that was going on between the two. He did not really want Tom to...like Draco. He did not want Draco to like Tom, but it was obvious that he was not going to be getting what he wanted, considering the slow dimming of the magic thick in the air, the slowly calming youngest Malfoy, and the relief in the eyes of the youth as he collapsed into Tom's arms, fingers clutching onto his clothes tightly. 

Really what was it about Malfoy's and seemingly being attracted to powerful people with a penchant for the dark Arts? Lucius did not know, but he felt as though they should probably address it because it was becoming slightly problematic. Tom was a dangerous person, and Lucius knew that while it was not the worst match possible, it was also definitely not something he wanted to see. He knew how manipulative the Dark Lord could be though, and it was obvious that he had already managed to get his talons into his little brother, and he did not know what to think about it. 

"My lord," The words were whispered, as Draco curled his head towards Tom's neck, allowing himself to inhale the scent of the young Riddle. 

"Draco, love, what are you doing?" Tom questioned, his voice deceptively gentle. Draco did not answer, but for some reason Lucius got the feeling that it was more because he just could not, at the moment, rather then not wanting to. It was obvious that Tom realized that too, and a small smile curled on his face, causing Lucius to ball his fists in a sort of rage, but he did not dare to intervene. Not yet. 

"Hey," Tom tried to pull Draco from his neck but the other whined, curling even deeper into the Dominant young man, and it left Tom laughing a bit at the ridiculousness of the situation even as he turned to give Lucius and Severus a death glare, leaving Severus slight shivering and Lucius wanting to lash out but knowing better than to do something so stupid. Nobody just lashed out at Tom Riddle, it was a practical death sentence. 

"Draco, dear, come on," Tom whispered softly, but Draco it would seem would not respond to anything that Tom said, instead just fisting the other's cloths desperately and keeping his body attempting to crawl as close as possible. Lucius' eyes widened suddenly as realization flooded through his system. 

He probably should not have called for Tom Marvolo Riddle. Not at this moment, because now, Tom Riddle had the most relevant claim over Draco than anyone else, and Lucius felt his heart race as Tom laughed, fingers curling around the back of the younger's neck. 

There was nothing more for Lucius to do, and he supposed there was the slight chance that Tom would not try and pursue Draco, but he also knew that it was a useless hope. Tom had been invested in Draco, and had continued to invest in the other. It was not something that was obvious to the untrained eyes, and Lucius had allowed himself to find some sort of useless desire in hoping that Tom was just using Draco as a sort of fleeting thing, but it was obviously more then that, and Lucius had practically given Tom the go ahead now. Even his Father would not really find any issue with the match. Particularly since Tom was the one who was caring for Draco during his presentation. Even if Lucius tried to separate the two, it would only do more harm to Draco now, considering it was clear the Dominant he had chosen to help him during his transition. A transition was painful enough that Lucius would not do that to him.