Warning

When Tom and Draco had finally exited from the room, Tom had told them to come with him, for a quiet conversation. It was obvious that Tom had made the decision to speak to the two of them privately. After the long conversation which he had previously had with Draco, the two were rather wary over what exactly it was that was so important that their youngest member of the trio had to be separated for this conversation. What was it that Tom had figured out? Or even worse, had he not figured it out? It was rather confusing to the two of them. They had no idea how Tom would have managed to figure something that they themselves had not after ages of spending day after day and time after time with the other assessing him. Then again, Tom was known for these sorts of things, and he was very good at managing to figure things out that others simply were incapable of doing. It was what made him unique, and what made him invaluable. There was just something about the boy that seemed to allow him to manage such things. perhaps it was that he was more powerful then others saw (neither Severus nor Lucius would be too surprised if this was the case), or perhaps there was something else about him. Though they may not know why or how it was that Tom managed to obtain information and get knowledge that was hard won, they may not like it but it was definitely true that if even Tom could not figure out what Draco was likely to present as, they knew that it was hopeless. Something which neither particularly wanted given just how adamant that Lucius' father was that they figure out what the boy was before he was officially presented so that the could begin to make preparations. 

Still, there was more then just the worry about what it was that Tom Riddle had figured out, or if he had figured anything out at all. The two had not seen Tom Riddle in quite some time, and both were guilty of not keeping correspondence. Though they knew where he had worked, they had not been in contact with him for a while. They had not been alone with him for quite some time, either. Something which certainly had them both nervous about binge alone with the boy. Tom Riddle was terrifying on a good day, and with tons of people with him, He had always had this untouchable feel about him. It was always unnerving being alone with him. Neither Lucius, nor Severus could quite understand how Draco had managed to do it, being alone with him for so long.

"Did you figure it out?" Severus asked, or more like demanded, his dark eyes glittering, boring into the other teen's own brown ones, watching him intently, and carefully. Tom tilted his head slightly, a small smile making its way across his features. "I was worried," Severus said simply, his voice dropped slightly, having realized his mistake. "It, had been quite a long time, and if you could not figure out what he is likely to present as there is no hope of trying to figure it out at all, as I am sure you well know My Lord, and Abraxas does not take to failure of his specific tasks well." Tom smirked, eyes glinting darkly. He was amused. Of all things, he was amused.

"According to what I have observed," Tom began. " I believe, Severus, that you were right in your initial assumptions. The rest is just his personality. Naturally, not all have the same personality. The boy has been through quite a bit, and even I could tell that from just looking at him. I am not sure what has happened to him, and he did not deign to speak of it, but it is obvious that he has been through something, and whatever it was had a rather extreme effect on him. He is...forcing himself to act in certain ways, and in other ways he is unaffected by whatever has happened to him." Tom looked at the two of them carefully. "I would suggest that you make preparations with your father, Lucius," Tom said simply watching the two of them rather closely. "After all, I have a distinct feeling that his presentation is going to cause quite a bit of chaos among the Wizarding world. You should be prepared for it, at the very least, even if he is not."

"Wait," Severus said sharply, his hand outstretched slightly, pausing right before it reached Tom's shoulder from where he stood, about ready to escort them out of the room. Riddle looked back at Severus, his eyes no longer hold that amused glint, but rather an annoyed look within them. "I," Severus' fingers curled and he swiftly dropped his hand, straightening his stance, body stiff. "How do you know what I assumed he was initially?" 

Riddle watched the two before him, his expression bored. He sighed heavily, and looked away to keep himself from rolling his eyes at the boys. He needed to keep his composure after all. This situation was initially amusing, but he found himself much less amused as it continued forwards. He simply wanted to get back to work, and terrify customers which came into the shop. He found that more amusing then this current conversation which he Lund himself in. 

"Is it truly not obvious?" Tom asked, a small smile playing on his lips, though his eyes told a very different story to the play question. "I should have thought that it were, after all, you two have known me for quite some time, compared to others." He commented idly, his eyes boring straight into Severus, digging deep within them. "Or have you truly forgotten exactly who I am in my absence from the school?" Riddle put on an amused aura, his tone indicating that he may possibly be amused.

Shivers went down both Severus' and Lucius' spines. For though Tom Riddle may seem to be amused, it was quite obvious to anyone who knew the boy remotely well that he was a very good actor. The fact that he phrased his words in such a way, despite the tone implying him to be amused with the question, made it more then obvious that he was simply done with them at the moment and he had finally had enough of their presence. It was a threat, more so then a laugh at them. It was a warning and a threat all rolled into one. The darkness filling his eyes made that more then clear enough even if the words and the tone did not in themselves make it obvious.