Fates Entwined

Draco stumbled only slightly as the He released himself from the House Elf's grip. Severus moved towards him to aid him, but Draco waved him off without a second thought. He was not so weak to need aid in standing after one simple house elf apparation. Hate it he may, but he was not that pathetic, he had learned quite well. Draco sighed softly, the cold helping to relieve his head ache slightly. They were in one of the darker corners of Knockturn alley, and he was glad for it. The dark, the cold. They had agreed to meet here to figure out what exactly they were going to do before going into Borgin and Burkes. Perhaps they should have really thought more on that before they actually made it to Knockturn alley, but it was dangerous trying to speak of such things at Hogwarts. Not to mention any form of written material was doubly dangerous as there was then evidence of it. Draco, being the intelligent and cunning individual he was, as well as the level of paranoia he had over others finding out about his wrongdoings did good in these situations. He thought over everything to make sure there was the least possibility of them being found out. He did not like risking others being able to figure out what he was doing, and he did not really like his actions being watched in the first place, so it was only an added incentive to find out various ways to ensure that he was not watched, not followed, and to ensure that whatever he planned had the least possibility of others overhearing, or figuring it out. He had lots of practice in that particular aspect so he liked to believe that he was somewhat of an expert in that field. 

"Okay, so what are we going to do from here on out?" Severus asked, breathing a bit heavy, as was normal. 

"I do not know." Draco said simply. "The best course of action is to probably let Lucius handle the dealings with the Dar..." Draco paused, hastily and breathing heavily. He had almost used the...other...Tom's title. He did not know what this Tom Riddle in this dimension used but he doubted it was 'Dark Lord' considering that nobody had spoken about him in such a way since he had been here. "With Tom Riddle. Lucius," Draco turned his glittering eyes onto Lucius. "You were talking a few days about wanting a specific enchanted necklace?" 

"Yes, I thought it would be a good...gift...to a person which I know." Lucius heavily skipped over all of the details regarding that for a good reason as well, he was not even aware that Draco had known that he was planning to obtain such an item. If Lucius was surprised that Draco had figured out what Lucius had been speaking of despite not being anywhere in the vicinity at the time he did not comment on it, instead just giving the answer right away. Draco nodded in thought.

"Good," He stated. "Well, since we are headed to Borgin and Burkes you may as well iron out the details for that." a smile curling on his lips.

"What exactly is it you are planning." Severus asked, brows furrowed. Lucius was confused too. A necklace? They had not come all this way for that. Granted, it was something that Lucius had been wanting, and something that he had intended fully to obtain in the near future, but he had as of yet, not gone through with anything. It was tedious to try to get away. Sure, now would be a good chance to manage that, but he did not really understand where Draco was going with this.

"I swear," Draco muttered under his breath staring at the floor, a slightly annoyed lilt to his voice. He would give it to them, they were young, but even still it was more than annoying having to explain his thoughts to them all of the time. He looked back up at Lucius and Severus, strain in his tone from aggravation of having to explain. "We do not know if Tom Riddle will help us. We have no idea how he will react to wanting our help. We do not know if he will even help us in the first place, that is what you two said when I asked about this whole thing in the first place. We do not even know what the common denominator is in the people that he has helped in the past, or if there is one at all. At this point, we are at a disadvantage. However," Draco paused here, allowing them to process the words which he had previously spoken, before continuing. "That does not mean that we are utterly out of our depth. We are going to Tom Riddle because you believe that he may be able to figure out what my attribution is before I receive my inheritance. You also are saying that it is causing complications because there are constant conflicts between what I could possibly present as, and what I may not. " Draco stopped here, watching their reactions.

There was something about explaining plans and his thought process that both excited and annoyed Draco. Depending on who was listening, he could get angry, or be thrilled to do so. Crabbe and Goyle had always been annoying because they either never listened fully, or did not quite comprehend his plans, which had always been frustrating. Severus and Lucius were very similar to the previous world counterparts in that they were intelligent and observant enough to usually gauge what he was thinking.

"That does not go just for you two. I found out that before receiving an inheritance, it is usually somewhat obvious what the other is to present as, and that also allows for ample amount of preparations before the actual occurrence. Many of the teachers have expressed concern, as well as other house members. Therefore, it is not just you that remain confused. Because we are at a disadvantage now, we need to turn it to work for us. Think about it, what does a Slytherin want? Knowledge. Why? It is powerful. As of right now, there is a potential for knowledge that nobody knows. Not to mention if Tom is anything like how most Slytherins are he will hate not being able to figure something out. Therefore, we have an advantage. So, going along with this train of thought, the best thing that we could do at the moment is arise his curiosity.
"We cannot be too obvious about it, however. It makes sense for you to bring Severus..." Draco began speaking straight to Lucius, studiously avoiding direct eye contact. "Because you are best friends, and the person which you are trying to curse hurt Severus. It also makes sense to bring me because, not only am I your younger brother, but I am a Malfoy who needs to see the way things go. Dealing and such, whatever the case may be, also because I am curious. Either one works. 

"Since Lucius is already wishing to get a dark item, it works perfectly for us. Play this out right, and we may have a chance at getting what we want."

Lucius and Severus had to admit, Draco was incredibly cunning to think of this entire thing. As much as they may not like to confess, his plan was pretty solid as well as having a fairly high chance of working.