Riddle's Attentions

Tom hummed a bit, not taking his eyes off of Draco, which in another instance, in any other instance, Draco would deem unnerving, yet he had to remind himself that this was what he had wanted. This was what they had planned for and this was the reason that they were here in the first place. If he could not capture Riddle's attention than it would all be for nothing. The entire trip would be useless. Still, having Tom Riddle's attention was not something which Draco could really place. This version of Riddle, this Tom...it was so different from what he was used to. It was so...intense. Not that Voldemort had been any different, but that was not what he was talking about. Voldemort had always been intense. Draco was under no illusions of course, and he had heard enough about Tom Riddle to know that the younger version of the Dark Lord had been the exact same. 

This seemed different, though Draco could not specify why it was that this was different. All that he could say was that it most certainly was. The feeling, when Tom looked into his eyes, there was a sort of emotion, this sort of thing that he was unable to place. Though Draco was not entirely certain if that was a good thing...or if it was something that would inevitably lead to his destruction. Perhaps a bit of both. Tom Riddle was more than just dangerous, the fact that he had managed to secure a job within Knockturn alley alone stated that. No...Draco needed to tired carefully.

"The young Malfoy boy." Tom said his voice contemplative, a small smirk on his face. Draco could not dare to bring himself to look into the other's eyes. Too scared to do so. Nervous that if he did, he would not be able to do anything about the next events. He was tense, uncertain. Of course he was. There was a potential madman staring straight at him as though he were the most interesting thing in the planet at the moment. He was allowed to be nervous and tense. "I have heard much of you in the news." Draco nervously bit his lower lip, his wrist was still within the elder's grasp. He did not dare pull it away, and he was not really certain what he should do at the moment.

"I would not be certain of everything that you hear within the news. It is, flawed, after all. Those news reporters rarely actually get anything right." Draco said hastily, not really certain what else he should say. How was he supposed to react? Was this a good reaction, or a bad one? The other seemed to find it amusing, his obvious mental struggling, however, as he smiled, glancing at him through the side of his eyes. 

"Is that so?" Tom asked softly staring at him, Draco was not able to detect what he was feeling, which was probably much worse than anything else.

"Anyone would know that," Draco said, the words coming out a bit breathlessly despite his attempts, "Reporters always want a story, they do not care what it takes to obtain it." He gave a small shrug of his shoulders, conscious of his wrist, which Tom had as the shrug pulled on it.

"Ah," Tom sighed, mirth heavy in his eyes. "But sometimes a story is just that...a story. Real and unaltered." Draco hummed and shrugged his shoulders again. Tom was watching him, dark eyes glittering, obviously curious about what he would do next. 

"I would not know how much of the story is true, and how much is not. I have not actually cared to read anything which was reported and written." Draco admitted. Though he had to say to himself, it probably was not a good idea going head to head with Riddle like this, but he just simply could not help himself. Something about him made him want to get the other to question himself. He could not help trying to force it.

"You do not know?" Tom asked, eyes darkening. "Why bring it up then?" 

"Actually..." Draco said, cursing himself in his head, refusing to meet the other's eyes. "I think you will find that it was actually you who brought up the News." Draco swallowed nervously as he saw Riddle staring at him without emotions. He bit his lower lip, gnawing on it roughly. 

"True." Tom said simply. "I like your brother, Lucius." He stated, directing his words over his shoulder, but keeping his eyes trained on Draco. "He is...interesting." Something about the way which Riddle said the last word made Draco shiver lightly. 

Draco was really beginning to regret this whole stupid journey. It was one thing to be there and a complete other to talk to this dimension's Tom Riddle, the man which Draco had grown to fear and hate, and sworn loyalty towards. Draco was terrified of the elder, and yet he knew that such fear would never leave his lips. He would not admit to such things, especially since this Tom had done nothing to deserve such fear from him. 

"What is that you actually came here for? Hmm?" Tom asked, glancing at Lucius and Severus, finally taking his strangling gaze from his body. Draco inhaled sharply, but silently, in relief. 

"We already told you what..." 

"No." Tom said simply, gazing idly back at Draco. "You told me one of the reasons that you came here, but not the main one." Draco subtly tried to rip his wrist from the other's grip, but Tom tightened his grasp upon him, eyes flaring as he glared at Draco, daring him to try again. Draco did not take up that challenge, and allowed his wrist to go limp within the other's hand. 

"We need your assistance, for something." Lucius stated finally. 

"Oh," Tom asked, tilting his head as he glanced back at them. "And what sort of aid are you needing, exactly."

"We need to know what Draco is." Severus stated clearly. Tom cut his eyes back to Draco, looking at him with curious eyes. 

"What he is? You do not know already?" 

"No." 

"And why may that be, Lucius?" Tom asked, looking at him curiously. "Surely if any would know it would be you two, or perhaps the Lord of the house?"

"Unfortunately we cannot get a clear reading on him. Every time we think we have one he counters it with something he says or does, and it is rather...annoying." 

"I imagine that it would be. I assume it was you who brought this plot to life?" Tom asked, gazing directly at Draco, moving one hand under his chin to force his eyes to his. 

"Yes, my Lord, it was me." Draco said, speaking quietly. Tom nodded. He glanced back at the two besides them.

"I suppose that I can help you. It will be...complicated, but I will help you, For certain. I must..." Tom paused, glancing between the three of them, gaze casting over each softly. "Give give me a few hours with the boy and I am sure that I can have a somewhat clear reading on him." 

"Somewhat?"

"Of course, I cannot be one hundred percent accurate, after all, his own family cannot figure it out, but I can give a rather...fresh perspective. At the very least." Lucius looked about to argue, but Draco stopped him swiftly.

"Thank you, My Lord, it would be most appreciated." Tom smiled down on the teen, and glanced over at Lucius. 

"Heir you may be, Lucius, but I think you have a few things which this young teen may be capable of teaching you."