Danger

Riddle's very presence had somehow managed to grow through the room, as though choking them. Severus and Lucius cowered backwards at the sudden change from Riddle. Though they should have probably guessed that something such as that would happen. If there was one thing that Riddle did not take well it was being accused of something that he did not do, or people undermining  his ability to do something, or being told what to do. He did not take to any of those things well, and Severus had not only done one he had done all three. They would be lucky if they escaped this unscathed. This...This was interesting. It was rather interesting, because it could go two ways. Being flattered for being accused of doing something elaborate that he did not do, or angry because he had failed to think of doing something such as that.

"Of course not," Severus said softly a slightly tremble to his voice at having realized just how badly he had screwed up, trying to hastily reassure Tom that neither he nor Lucius would possibly be capable of forgetting who...or what Tom was. After all, they were the first to sign up with Riddle, they knew what the other was capable of. It was part of the reason that they had recklessly done so. While Riddle was many things, he was not weak, although Severus had to admit that he was rather surprised that Tom had managed to take advantage of the slight moment that his wards had been down. Though he supposed he would not be Tom Riddle any other way, honestly. Severus shifted nervously under Tom's assessing stare, and his gaze instantly locking on the floor, staring down, Lucius did not move his gaze away from Tom, but it was quite clear that he was rather discomforted. Severus sighed heavily. "How could we forget what you can do?" Severus spoke quietly. Tom smiled darkly at that, definitely some sort of happy, in some sort of perverse way, and a dark chuckle echoed around the room as Tom laughed in amusement at the fear which he was currently witnessing from the two younger slytherins before him.

He was quite glad. He had a reputation, especially among his followers, and among the other slytherins, and while it may not have been as dark as he could hope for, it was still his and he had worked quite hard to create a reputation of an immobile, charming, but cold intelligent Slytherin, and he wished to keep it like the way that he had it currently. It was somewhat annoying when people seemed to forget who he was...what he could do. He was the Heir of Slytherin. What he was capable of outspanned many other halfbloods, something that he was forever joyful for. He had to make sure to remind them...regularly, that he was not someone to be trifled with. Though that was somewhat difficult, he had plans, and those plans would not be held in place just because some people seemed to forget what he was, what he was capable of. Why, he did not really know, but he did not care either. 

"That is good to hear, Severus," Tom purred lightly, a light smile on his face as he looked between Lucius and Severus, his eyes twinkling dangerously still. He would hate to think that the other two would forget such things so swiftly. He had not left Hogwarts all that long ago after all. If his first two and greatest followers had so swiftly forgotten about what Tom Marvolo Riddle was capable of doing to them, it would not surprise him if others had failed to remember, and that would need to be remedied. Something which was tedious, and something which Tom really did not really want to deal with that. Not at the moment, so he was quite glad he would not have to deal with the consequences of his followers forgetting his abilities. "I would hate to have to remind you, of course, especially since you are due back at school so soon." Tom paused, humming softly to himself. "Like I said, take precautions. There is much going on right now, and the ability to become attached to a Malfoy alone would jump one in prestige, keep a close eye on who it is that your brother associates with." Tom said sternly looking straight at Lucius. 

"Of course, I will protect him, and keep a close eye on him. I have been doing so." Lucius said simply. As though he was somewhat confused. Tom inwardly sighed at Lucius's behavior. He supposed it was to be expected. Lucius was already being the overprotective older brother, but that did not mean that he had to state it in such a way. It was more then annoying. Tom did not like it, glaring at the Malfoy, watching as he swiftly moved back a good step with just Tom's gaze settling on him. It pleased Tom, pacified him...for now at least.

"Yes, well, keep doing it." Tom demanded, glaring at the two boys before him. "The boy may be headstrong, but it is obvious he is far more emotional then he wants to be. He may end up getting angry at himself for it." Tom paused, as though seeming to wonder as to why he was doing this, before narrowing his eyes at the two who he was with. "I am doing this because I want to, not out of concern." Tom said idly. "After all, Draco is a great asset. I would hate for him to get snatched too swiftly. Am I clear?" He asked, his dark eyes flashing, once more with warning. 

"Yes, my Lord," Both Lucius and Severus hastily responded, bowing their heads to their leader. Tom smiled, and hummed his joy softly, a chilling tune making up the dead silence between the three. 

"Good,"

It was obvious, though it may be slightly confusing as to why, but Tom wanted Draco to remain unhanded and unmarred, and for a few moments the two Slytherins were worried perhaps Tom would want Draco's status, but that would not make much sense. The Slytherin heir had always hated taking things from others if it did not suit him. There was a reason he was still working in the hidden darkness of Knockturn alley, and it was most certainly not because he had no choice in the matter.