Talks

Draco inhaled deeply, calming his heart, which seemed to be racing within his chest. It would not do any good to get worked up. He needed to calm down, breathe, and allow the current wave of emotions which seemed to be rolling through his body to exit off of him, and literally roll off of him. His wrist was still trapped within Tom's grasp held quite firmly within. He was too nervous to really pull himself from the elder either. How could he dare to pull away from someone like the Dark Lord? His body was slightly trembling even still, and he was not entirely certain what he really should do in this type of situation. He wanted to be able to say something, but it would seem as though his voice was trapped within his throat.

"It is alright." He said softly, his grip still tight, his other hand coming up to trace the skin of his forehead, tucking a strand of hair behind his ear, "What is your name?" The other asked curiously, clearly wanting an answer, the look in his eyes told him that clearly enough. Draco opened his mouth, trying to speak, but for some reason his words seemed to be stuck, and would not be forced from him, and he simply could not get anything out. Try as he might, it was soon realized that such things were simply not going to happen, and so he merely looked away refusing to meet Tom's gaze, incredibly stubborn, as was typical of him. He did not want to look at him, not when he was too frightened to speak. 

It was rather strange, the awe that he felt, and yet it was combined with such an intense amount of fear he wondered if it were simply normal. Perhaps not, yet even still he could not bring himself to stop finding such a fascination. Tom Riddle...the Dark Lord...He had seen him in the aftermath of his insanity, but this Tom Riddle, this Tom Riddle's eyes were clear and devoid of the insanity that had swirled in the eyes of the other. This Tom Riddle, perhaps this was the one that had encouraged his father, and his grandfather, to ride into the depths of hell with him. It would not be hard to see, such vast intelligence seemed to be hidden within the dark gaze. Almost, almost too much, and Draco got the intense feeling that at this very moment, there was far more that he was not seeing hidden behind him. Like, there was something more to be uncovered. Still, his gaze was quite intense.

"That is my younger brother, Draco." Lucius spoke up for him, it becoming more than obvious that he was not going to be capable of doing so for himself. His voice was clear, curt, and cold as ever, therefore technically perfectly normal, and for a moment Draco could scarcely hear a young Lucius, but then again, there was something that made it obvious, for even though his father had always been hard to read, his voice never leaked emotions other than anger and joy, and dismissal, but certainly not nervousness, and Draco could tell that the elder was anxious. That much was figured by the slight tremble which gave him away. Though Draco doubted that many would have heard such a thing, especially given his father's...disposition. It was not often that he became nervous or anxious and they were within the Knockturn alley at the moment, and there was really nothing for his father...rather his brother...to really be anxious about. Though, perhaps the fact that he was facing the Dark Lord at this moment was a good enough reason for that.

Sure, Draco was being stared down by this really unnerving stare which Riddle was currently sporting, but he could do nothing about that, and Lucius was not so stupid as to attempt to intervene in such a thing, Draco knew that well enough. He may not know this Tom Riddle, but he knew that he was not one to be messed with, nor contradicted, and they were within his territory now. His father...his brother was not stupid enough to do something like argue against him or fight this man, not when they needed his help so badly. Nor was he, Draco, really in any danger, and if he were he would be more than capable of pulling himself out of it...possibly. 

He was not an idiot, anyways, and they had planned this after all, this...this was exactly what they had wanted upon coming into the alley in the first place. Granted, perhaps things had slid a bit off the way side at this current moment, but in the end they got what they needed...what they wanted. He got what was necessary, they had caught Tom's attention. It would be pointless if all they did was come in, get what it was that Lucius and Severus so desperately wanted, and then leave. That had not been the plan, that had never been the plan. Sure, perhaps he had not really thought about how he was supposed to gain the Dark Lord's interest, but in the end did it truly matter how it was that he caught the Dark Lord's eyes as long as it had been done and he did not get killed? The whole point of this venture of theirs was to capture Riddle's interest, and that was exactly what he had managed to do and therefore he would consider this a vast success. Even...even if it was absolutely terrifying, and he was about five seconds from collapsing onto his knees and begging for mercy for a reason that he was not entirely certain.

This was a good thing, a very good thing. In the end they had still caught Tom's attention, caught his interest, and that means that he was more than likely to help them. Which...which was a good thing after all. The fact that Tom had been curious, had watched him, and even though Malfoy found himself incapable of speaking, and worried that something may or may not happen, he was of the pure undying belief that this was a good thing.