Sorting of House

Draco could not say he was eager to be sorted. Even if he knew where he would go, that was not the point. He still felt that unknown anxiety when it came to the sorting. For whatever reason that was. He had a vague idea but even still, the sorting itself took forever and that was reason enough to be annoyed with it.

He could say, however, that he was more comfortable than he could have been. The rest of the summer had mostly been Lucius, his now brother, and Severus, his...well Draco was still sort of uncertain what Severus was truly (Draco had anointed him brother number 2 in his mind. Not only because he had always seen Severus as family, but because even if he was unsure of what Severus was to his father, he knew that even in another dimension, Severus had some sort of importance towards Lucius Malfoy)...going over family history, which Draco was more than relieved to notice more similarities between this dimension and the other one with a few exceptions, hogwarts history, which still remained similar how drall, wizarding history, in which Draco had found out that instead of Riddle leading the second war, it had been Dumbledore's brother which was rather interesting, and other, more nuances. Draco had insisted they teach him about Pureblood houses in an entirety, not just the Malfoy's. Which Lucius found enjoyable and was oddly eager to teach him for some reason. It was odd because according to Severus he hated pureblood history. Ministry work and history, which was boring for them all, and neither Lucius nor Severus could understand why he wished to torment himself and them with such a topic. As well as magical creatures and beings, all of them enjoyed that topic, light magic and dark magic, again something all enjoyed, and a lot of other topics Draco felt would come in handy, such as the current political state of affairs, the current state of house rivalry at hogwarts (which was at dangerously high tension levels between gryffindor and slytherin) and some of the more important characters within the Slytherin house specifically, both in the past, and present. It was through this that he found out Tom Riddle was out of school, but just barely, that Blaise Zabini was in school, that the Black siblings were attending, and a few other characters Draco was familiar with, Pansy Parkinson, and Crabbe and Goyle namely.

All of this was good information. Given the fact that he was in a whole new dimension, he would need to know what to do and what to say. He did not want to accidently slip up and say something ridiculous after all. He was a Malfoy, even if he was not the sole child anymore, he still had appearances to keep. Not only that but he was certain that most of this information would be useful in the future. It surely had been in the other dimension, and so he doubted there was much that would not be useful in this one.

Needless to say, Draco could be far more nervous than he was, but with a treasure trove of important information, and a basic understanding of the current state of affairs, Draco was more comfortable. He was at the very least not going in blind. It could be a far worse state of affairs after all. He was not comfortable with the knowledge of magical beings and pureblood connections though. In fact, he was the farthest thing from comfortable that one can get. But he would deal with that later, he had a bit more pressing concerns to handle at the moment. Particularly, his turn up at the sorting hat. This, was going, to be, a nightmare.

He walked up to the hat, readying himself. He was nervous yes, but not unbearably so, and that was kept to himself. It would not do to show unnecessary emotions. Just like in the other dimension, the hat barely touched his head before screaming out "SLYTHERIN". Draco sighed softly in relief, not that he expected to go into another house but still. He stood shoved the hat at the fool of a teacher Dumbledore and walked over to the Slytherin table seating himself next to Lucius and Severus.

"Well hello, Brother." Lucius said, teasingly. "Nervous much?" Draco rolled his eyes.

"Nervous? Yes. Only a fool would not be nervous having a piece of cloth sift through your head." Draco shuddered at the though. "Not to mention, who knows what it may relay to the headmaster. I, for one, do not particularly like the thought of anything or anyone going through my memories, whether it is a necessity or not." He responded quickly, and with fire.
Lucius had to say he was a bit surprised. He had expected Draco to be sorted into Ravenclaw with the amount of forced teachings Lucius and Severus had been put through. The boy had covered practically everything one can think of. If Lucius or Severus did not know too much on it he would go to the rather extensive collection of books in the Malfoy family library and learn that way. Not that being placed in Ravenclaw was a bad thing. All Malfoys and Blacks, with very few notable exceptions (cough*Sirius*cough) had been placed in Slytherin or Ravenclaw. It was not seen as shameful to be placed in Ravenclaw. Gryffindor, however, that is different. Even Hufflepuff is better than Gryffindor.

Severus, however. Lucius owed him a good 10 galleons now. They had wagered, and Lucius had said Draco would be a Raven, Severus said a Snake. How the dark haired Prince had managed to figure out that Draco would be placed in Slytherin, Lucius would have to ask as he hadn't the slightest clue.

"I have to give you that, luckily it was not in your mind for too long." Severus replied in Lucius' stead.

"True," Draco said thoughtfully. "Then again, perhaps I was just such a Slytherin through and through that the Gryffindorian piece of cloth was frightened of me." Draco responded aptly. That got several laughs from those around them. Lucius had to say, the boy knew how to handle Slytherins. He was new, new to being a royal, being a Malfoy, being taken care of and treated like he was worth something, new to the politicks and complex slew of traditions, but he fit amazingly well. Then again, Lucius doubted Mother would teach him NOTHING, when it came to pureblood expectations. It did not denote, however, that once Draco came into his inheritance, many would be vying for him. Lucius can already feel that. The boy was smart, quick-witted, humorous, from a prominent family of high standing, and a Slytherin.

Lucius glanced at Severus, and he knew that the other was thinking the same he was. Lucius sighed, looking back to his dinner. He was hoping Draco's inheritance would be delayed a bit now.