Uncertainty

Lucius and Severus had never really been far too wary of the youngest of the Malfoy family. For a few reasons, it had seemed as though there had been quite little to worry about from the newest, and youngest addition to the family. 

One, the boy was just that...a boy he was not really all that old, and he did not really showcase his maturity much. Despite the clear trauma which the other had gone through by someone's hand, and though they had their suspicions of who and what had caused such horrible things, and traumatic reactions from the youth at times they dared not speak it aloud. Secondly, he was quiet. He did not speak much, and when he did it was in this soft sort of voice most of the time. There was some sort of fear that perhaps they were wrong. As time went on, the likelihood that they were wrong neither increased, nor decreased. 

For yet another thing, they were older than Draco. They had both had more training in the arts of magicks than Draco had, and it was their belief that if they truly did need to, they would easily be able to subdue Draco, with just one of them, yet there were two of them. How could they not be able to defeat the youth. Furthermore, though Draco's magick was clearly powerful, and very strong, it was not as potent as Lucius or Severus' own. Not to mention, both Lucius and Severus had obtained extensive training within the dark arts. Draco's wand core was a unicorn hair. It was unlikely that the boy would be capable of such high level dark arts magicks as they were. 

Furthermore, Draco did not have the same connections, nor knowledge of the magical families as they had. Of course, they had taught Draco what the families were and the basics on them, and Severus was certain that the other had likely done his own research, though he refused to inform Lucius as to why he believed such things, claiming that if Lucius did not know he would not believe Severus should he choose to inform Lucius of such things. Even still, Severus had agreed that their influence in the magical community was far greater than Draco's own. 

Now, though, now they were beginning to relook their previous belief in that aspect. There were multiple reasons for this, of course, just as there were multiple reasons that they had believed Draco to be little threat to them in the first place. Not that they believed that Draco was a threat, anyone could  be a threat, just that he was not much to worry about should he decide to defect, which neither had believed the youngster would do anyways. With the way Draco had looked at them, though, just now, it had seemed as though there was a lot hidden under the surface which they did not know. They had doubted Draco, and underestimated him. Given the way in which he had spoken, the confidence he had when walking into the room, the lack of hesitance in the way he addressed them, despite having a room filled with powerful heirs within it...they were missing something. They could not figure out what exactly it was that they were missing, though, and that was the annoying part.

They watched Draco, cautiously, as the other strode towards them and sat across from them. His blue/grey eyes scanned them, and it felt...vastly uncomfortable. Severus just stared back, inky black eyes piercing the other, yet Draco showed no discomfort, and merely returned the assessing gaze towards Severus. 

"I have decided upon a good course of action." Draco finally spoke, startling both Lucius and Severus. 

"A good course of action? In what exactly?" Lucius questioned, leaning forwards slightly, steepling his hands under his chin, and humming the words out. Draco paused, gazing at Lucius' posture. It was so...similar. Sighing, he shook head, and stared once more at the two of them. 

"Our temporary disengagement of classes." Draco said simply. A true Slytherin, thought the two of them, hiding the real meaning under the guise of another. Lucius was not sure why he still doubted the other's Slytherin nature. No Slytherin had been placed without deserving to be in Slytherin. His continual doubt of this was unnerving to him. It made him believe he was being tricked into seeing one side, and in reality another side was hidden under the surface. Not many people unnerved him, Tom Riddle being the only other who really managed such things, hiding under layer upon layer and who could say they really understood the mysterious being besides the man himself?

"I thought we would simply fly. After all, it is the best action." Draco scoffed. He looked at the two in disbelief.

"Fly? That far? Do you not think it is a bit...improper? The time it would take, the lengths one would have to go through. Not to mention it is so uncertain. Who knows, many things can happen in between then and now, and I prefer to risk anything. Not to mention, who is to say we will not be seen leaving, or that the brooms we would need to take would not be found missing, or that in some point in our venture, Muggles will not spot us, despite the care we would undoubtedly take? These things I have thought over, and in the process, I have found a better course of action. Would you like to hear it?" The way Draco said the last part hinted at derision. Lucius and Severus heaved a sigh, but smiled and bore with it. They could at the very least hear what it was that Draco had come up with. After all, they could not deny they those very things which Draco had listed were not keeping them up at night as well. They were due to leave the castle soon, and yet simple things like these were the key to their mission succeeding, and keeping as many risks limited was a goal they wished to accomplish. 

"Of course, please, inform us. The less risks involved in our venture the better." Draco smiled, happy that the others were willing to indulge him, even if he knew their disbelief. 

"I know that House Elves cannot be called within the Hogwarts magical barrier. That poses little issue. There are various tunnels and such within the castle that can easily be used to access the outside of the castle without alerting the wards that students are leaving the castle. I have asked Bloody Baron about it, and Peeves as well." 

"Peeves?" Severus interrupted. "How do you know that Peeves will not turn on you?" Draco smiled darkly. 

"Well, who ever said that Peeves was not a Slytherin at one point himself? The other enjoys causing chaos among the students, and he only listens to the Bloody Baron, the Slytherin ghost. All I had to do was use a Slytherin way of dealing with him. He and I have struck an accord. I kept my end of the deal, and he will keep his, otherwise he knows that the Bloody Baron would not be happy, which I have also ensured." Draco said simply, with a gentle shrug of his shoulders as though it were no big deal. "Besides, Peeves was curious as to whether it would work as well. In that aspect, both of us had something we wanted from the outcome." The two stared at Draco in a new light. Well, not what they were expecting. "Anyways, as I was about to continue to state. Outside of the magical wards, we can call upon family House Elves. To which they will respond as per their magical bond with the masters of the family. What can House Elves do?" Draco asked. Lucius and Severus raised their brow, waiting for Draco to answer. Draco rolled his eyes and sighed. 

"Apparate. They can apparate, and to places which others would normally be unable to do so. Have you never really wondered how the elves manage to apparate within the castle?"

"Wait, if that is the case why do we not simply use a house elf from the castle, rather than going through all these other steps." Draco stared deadpan at Lucius. 

"Because," Severus said, realizing. "The Hogwarts house elves are tied to Hogwarts. They would likely refuse, or if they do not, inform the headmaster, or our head of house. Neither of which is a preferable outcome." 

"Either way, in this case, we can be taken to and from Knockturn Alley in no time, and save ourselves time, effort, and exertion. It is preferable, do you not think?" Draco asked, lightly mocking. 

"Of course it is." Lucius said simply. "I already have multiple Slytherins willing to cover us during our absence, the teachers and heads of house will not dare question them, and even the head master is wary of them. They will not be challenged. All we need to do now, is wait for the wee to end." 

Draco smiled. 

"Lovely."