questions

"So," Lucius dragged out, snatching Severus' attention. The boy turned to look at Lucius with raised brows.

"So?" The other asked derision clear in his tone as he stared at the eldest malfoy.

"How did you do it?" Severus furrowed his brows, more than a little confused at the question. Lucius' vague questions could really raise someone's ire.

"Do what, Lucius?" Severus hissed, narrowing his eyes darkly. He was beyond annoyed at the blonde now. He hated when the other was not clear.

"How did you figure Draco was a Slytherin?" Lucius asked with a tilt of his head. Severus rolled his eyes at the question. 

"You mean despite the clear Slytherin characteristics the boy obviously possessed?" Severus said sharply, humor written all through his tone. "Not to mention almost all within the Malfoy and Black families were sorted into Slytherin?" Lucius glared.

"You know what I mean, Severus, do not play games." The raven Prince scoffed at those words. Of course he knew. He supposed he had let his teasing get away from him again.

"The boy asked lots of questions," Severus finally began. "All of those question come with one common denominator." He paused, Lucius sighed and motioned for the other to continue on. Severus gave him a small smile. "Everything that he asked were things Slytherins would want to know, should they be in Draco's position." Severus said simply. Lucius sighed. Severus was enjoying this, he could tell. Dragging things out for his own amusement. 

"Severus," he growled out, eyes flashing, his alpha coming to the fore. "Explain." Severus glared at him, but continued on anyways.

"He wanted to know family lines, histories, something all slytherins either are taught by their parents, or they teach themselves. He wanted to know magics, leaning more towards darker magicks, or neutral spells. Learning hogwarts history, which is useful information in the whole. Rules and guidelines he tended to pay specific attention to, something you likely noted. Politics he also seemed particularly interested in, something most Slytherins desire to have a basic working knowledge of. All of the things he wanted to know are things slytherins already tend to know, or are taught, or desire to know for whatever reason." Lucius hummed, thinking it over. He thought about how Draco's eyes had lit up when he scoured the tomes in the Library, about how some of the questions he asked seemed a bit...morally ambiguous. He sighed, unable to believe that he had missed such glaring evidence. 

"You are...correct." Lucius said haltingly, incredibly reluctant to admit it. Had it been anyone but Severus, he would not have. "I failed to recognize the specific topics in which he was so thirsty over." Severus laughed lightly.

"I still cannot believe that he managed to convince you he was a ravenclaw, to the point in which you actively bet on it, which reminds me," severus extended his hand, expectantly, palm up. "I am expecting my payment." Lucius rolled his eyes but gave the other a small, fond smile, and lifted 10 galleons from his purse and dropped them one by one into Severus' outstretched hand.

"Here." Lucius dropped elegantly into the cushion next to Severus, and he heaved a sigh. He had not forgotten after all. There were many things which were troubling him at the moment.

"What of Draco's disposition. Have you figured what it is yet?" Severus said softly, glancing towards him. Lucius rolled his eyes.

"I think I know what he is, but every time I reach a conclusion he does something to make me doubt it. It is aggravating." Lucius raked a pale hand through his golden locks.

"What do you believe he is, barring your doubts."

"Submissive Veela and Omega Wolf, but then he does things like last night, at dinner, such obvious swift savagery, and it forces me to doubt myself." Severus stared at Lucius. He licked his lower lip, a bit nervous to purpose such an extravagant thing.

"I have an idea." He said, a little nervous.

"An idea," Lucius repeated slowly. His eyes turned to Severus, the other almost getting lost into the bright abyss. Dangerous.

"It, is an unwise idea," Severus warned. "We will definitely get an answer as to what Draco is." Lucius licked the back of his teeth, suspicious, yet thinking it over. They did need to know what Draco was, else his father would have a fit. Something which was not a thing he desired to witness.

"What is it." It was not a question, which was something Severus definitely recognized instantly. It was a command. To speak, to admit this idea which he had. This made Severus a little more nervous about speaking. He did so all the same.

"It would have to wait until Halloween, when we can get out of the castle unnoticed for 3 or 4 days." Lucius could feel his patience waning, swiftly.

"Get on with it. Please, Severus."

"Tom. Marvolo. Riddle." His breath hitched, as he thought it over.

Tom Marvolo Riddle was a dangerous character, had always been. Severus was right, it was risky. Tom Riddle was not one to involve. Yet he knew just how important it was for them to figure out just what exactly Draco was, and despite the annoyance, Tom would most certainly be able to figure out what Draco was, exactly. Possibly even be able to help him with tricks for when he presented. Tom Riddle was powerful, and highly intelligent. One would often overlook him, unless they knew otherwise, given his seemingly meaningless job at Borgin and Burkes. Yet Tom Riddle was dangerous, incredibly so. His inheritance and his natural power frightened all sane humans. The biggest thing was, Tom Riddle denied almost all who came for his aid. No matter their nature, their family or connections, the wealth which they held. Tom Riddle was the go-to person to anyone who wanted to know something, find someone or something, anything. The problem was not him being capable of giving the request, but him being willing to grant it. He was an icon in the dark magicks, and a treasure among dark families. Not that Tom Riddle had never helped anyone, but it was hard to figure out his reasons for helping people. It seemed so...different. and he rarely helped anyone.

"If we can get him to actually help." Lucius stated, an agreement to Severus' proposal.

They could visit him, but would he be willing to aid them?