Nerves

It was clear that Lucius and Severus were not happy with how long that it was that Draco had been speaking with Tom Riddle, and such displeasure was dangerous, especially when it came from them. of course...it was not as though they could do much...not against Tom. Never...never against him. That only added to the nervousness, and it made them anxious as the time stretched on and on, and the two showed no notion of exiting the room which they had been placed in and the door was taunting them with the longer that it remained silent and shut tight. Severus was showing signs of just wanting to break the door down in order to figure out what was going on behind the door, yet they knew that would be a rather large mistake and they would not dare to do anything, at all, which would threaten Tom Riddle, or make him feel rushed. He was doing them a favor, after all. They did not wish to provoke the other in any way. That would be the last thing that would be wise to do, it would be stupid to even dare to try.

Of course, there was more to it then just that, and they knew that though protective as they may be, it was not the only reason why they were jittery and anxious. Their anxiety did not come from merely being stuck in a dark arts shop while Lucius' younger brother was stuck with a potential sadistic psychopath (Not that anyone could prove such things, and if they could Tom would likely have threatened them, or dealt with them swiftly). Tom Riddle was dangerous, and he was as dangerous as he was charming. He was probably by the most dangerous person on this side of the world, and nobody would even know. That was exactly why he was dangerous. Perhaps even further then that. Lucius doubted that the other would dare to try anything on Draco, of course, one the boy was a Malfoy and it would not do for Tom to piss them off, and he knew that More so then he probably wished. For though he could, the Malfoy family was quite influential and it would do more good for him to be on the good side of the Malfoy family then on the wrong side of them even if he could handle any of the consequences which would have come his way should such a thing happen. It was more then that though. They had not known exactly how Draco would deal with being within Tom's presence, and suffice it to say they were anxious that something could happen, less that it would be on purpose. Especially with a door between them.

Tom Riddle was a mystery. He had always been somewhat of a mystery, and it did him well. For though he knew more then anyone about everything, and he knew more about others, nobody knew all that much about him, even those he let close, or rather, as close as one was allowed to get to the other. He was wicked smart, and his eyes belied little of what he felt. He could act as the most innocent person and he rarely got into trouble in the school, and even when everyone knew that it was him who caused trouble, nobody could do anything about it because there was no proof, and he had most of the professors in his pocket. He was the most Slytherin of anyone that they had met, and considering that they were in Slytherin that was quite the compliment. He was incredibly powerful, and just as dangerous. Especially since he managed to convince everyone of his genius, but his good intentions as though he were merely harmless, even though any halfway decent wizard could feel the power radiating from him. It was dangerous, and as much as Lucius had hated having to ask the other for help, he knew well enough not to get the information that his father wished before the time which he wished it, and Tom was the only one who had a potential to figure that out. He needed to put down such reservations and at the very least TRY to calm himself down.

"I am sure that they are just being..." Lucius glared at Severus, causing the other to silence himself immediately. 

"Tom Riddle is not to be underestimated." He said softly, worried eyes gazing at the door that remained ever shut. "I am worried why he bothered to help us in the first place, you know just as well as I do that we believed this was going to be useless, because Tom Riddle does not ever help people, without an agenda, and I do not like knowing what that agenda is." Lucius stated simply. 

It was not something to not worry about. Though nobody really knew why Tom Riddle helped certain people, which had little to nothing to do with money, as many knew, and seemingly had nothing to offer him, they had to worry about why the other had willingly helped them figure out what Draco's dynamic was. It was a tall order, and one that would be difficult to give, and they had not really believed that Tom would be willing to help in the first place, or even be able to help in the first place.  Yet the other had agreed, and he ha seen right through them in the first place, though he had given them the object which Lucius and Severus had been looking for with a dark smile and a flash of teeth. Oh yes, there was certainly reason to be concerned, not that they would do anything about it now. It would be suicide to even try.  They were curious, of course, as to why Tom had bothered to do something like this, and without regard or care for what they could offer him. He had simply shrugged it off, as though it simply did not matter. It confused them. They wanted to know.

Now, as the time stretched on and on and neither Tom nor Draco showed up from behind the door of the room which they were in Lucius began to get more and more restless, and even Severus was becoming unnerved at the time it was taking. They did still need to get back after all. It was risky the longer that it was taking. They could only hope that Tom actually managed an answer, else this would have all been for nothing.