39

It was clear how much Dumbledore detested the mere thought of leaving them alone together. Undoubtedly he thought that they were probably trying to scheme something. He normally would be right, but for now there was simply no time to do such things. Draco was undergoing a transition, and likely had already developed a dependence bond, something Lucius and Severus knew would bode no well wishes with their father. Tom, knowing this as well most likely, was more than willing to play with such power as it gave him. Lucius knew that this had been a bad idea. He honestly should have listened more to Severus. They had both agreed it dangerous, and perhaps he should have been more careful, and thought things out more thoroughly before being as rash as he had been.

Dumbledore could not, however, contest the reality of what things were at the moment. Draco was clearly on edge with him in the room, and as such it was not healthy. Not during a transition and not even outside of it, being so obviously stressed was never good in all reality. Madam Pomfrey was more than likely going to kick Dumbledore out, he may even get banned from the entire Infirmary. It was obvious that the Old Idiot was not necessarily stupid enough to realize that risk, as he simply turned on his heel without retort and walked out of the room. Lucius could not help but breathe a light sigh as the Headmaster left the room. He had his own bone to pick with Dumbledore, and he knew full well how dangerous the Wizard was. Tom was more dangerous in some ways, but Dumbledore had a level of influence that Tom had yet to cultivate to. Although, the younger Wizard was getting quite close to Dumbledore in those terms, and an alliance with the Malfoy's through mate marriage was a good way to expand that.

Really, Lucius should have thought about all of this before even introducing Draco to Tom. He had known that Draco would eventually be introduced to the Slytherin King. Anyone with any sort of influence in Slytherin knew about Tom, and Tom had come regularly enough to the school that if Draco had not been introduced to Tom directly by himself or Severus, it was likely that he would have met him on his own regard eventually. In some ways, this was the best solution...having introduced the other to Draco himself. Yet, he could not help but feel like this was a rather...horrid decision. Unfortunately, it was far too late for take backs, and there was nothing more that he could do other than just watch things unfold however they were going to do so.

"Well, that is much better," Tom said gently, fingers curling through Draco's hair and resting lightly on the side of his neck. Draco curled his head into Tom's body and sighed out eagerly. Lucius did not know what to do about the displace, and glancing towards his Father who was tense and fingers were balled into fists, he knew that Abraxas was not fond of what he was seeing, but also had the wherewithal to not interrupt lest something bad happen. It was clear enough that they could not do much. The feeling of helplessness was drowning.

"Yes," Severus muttered under his breath. "At least Dumbledore is gone now, the old idiot definitely does not need any more information than he clearly already has. It was dangerous before and is dangerous now. Who knows what he would do with the things he finds out, assuming he figures anything out." Lucius agreed, and was glad on his own that Tom had the guts to stand up to Dumbledore. Though it was not as though this was any sort of news. Tom had been obvious in his dislike for the man from the beginning.

"How much longer?" Lucius heard his father ask the Madam, who had finally decided to come out of the office where she had been either concocting or attempting to find the potion that she had currently clutched in her hands. Lucius would bet the former. As a school nurse with Pureblood aplenty, it was clear that having at least a few vials of Transition potions would be more than useful. Typically, students were sent home once it became obvious that they were in transition, though sometimes these things were not caught quick enough and it became too dangerous to move them-such as in Draco's case.

"I would say maybe a night, perhaps part of the morning, I don't think any further than that, though. Lucius Malloy is the Heir, there is no reason that Draco's transition should last as long as an Heir's transition. Most secondary children's transition is far less volatile and does not take as much time as a first's."

Then why is his so bad already? Lucius thought to himself, worry filling him. If that is the case his transition is already abnormal, so how could she make such a guess. Why is his so bad already? Why is it bad at all? If I am the Heir...his should not be so bad. Mine was not even this bad.