indignation

Despite their agreement to go to Tom Riddle for help, they could not just drag Draco into it without his knowledge. They needed him to know, which was quite troublesome as it meant that they needed him to also agree, something which could prove to be...more complicated than it should be. They knew that Draco did not really like leaving Hogwarts outside of the scheduled times, and there was added risk this time as well. They would have to convince him, something which they were not all that sure that they could do. They would have to try at the very least. If all else fails they could always force him, although that would cause him some great resentment, something which they would prefer avoiding if at all possible. 

"Wait, hold on for just a moment," Draco said, eyes closed, body leaned back into the chair that he was sitting on. They were currently in the Slytherin common room, opting to have the discussion there, and having kicked everyone else out of the room for more secluded conversation. Sometimes it paid to be the most beloved and feared trio of Slytherins in the House. Draco had managed to quite quickly cultivate a reputation among the Slytherins, and he was added to the list along with Lucius and Severus. For now, however, they hoped that this would enable them to speak of the more...delicate matters that they had to talk about, and Draco, who had been working on something which from the looks of it was for either charms or transfiguration, was not exactly the most enthusiastic person at this very moment. He was probably annoyed that they had interrupted him. they probably should have waited to have this conversation. It was far too late now, however, as they had already interrupted him and it would be remiss of them to do so again. It would only aggravate the boy further. 

Lucius took up the mantel of conversation first. His blue eyes staring into Draco's which were so similar to his own. "We were told by Father to try and figure out what you will present as so that we will be ready whenever the time comes, but as of yet, we have not managed to be capable of coming with an decent conclusion." Draco blinked at them. He sighed, his body heavy. He could not exactly refuse. After all he was curious as well, and he really wanted to know as well. "It is not unusual, at least, not always. After all, it is difficult to tell what a person is until they present, but as it were, you should have shown some clear definitive traits, and unfortunately you are all over the place, it is truly difficult to really grasp a good view of what you will become." Lucius tilted his head to the side just a bit. "I can understand Father's concern, this is why we ask you to do this."

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Draco asked, not allowing his voice to betray his nervousness, though it was lower than is typical for him, especially given the topic of conversation.

"Well," Severus began taking up the mantel from Lucius, causing Draco to direct his attention towards him. "We do not even know if he will even be willing to help. There is a large possibility that he will refuse, but...currently, it is our best shot. Really our only option." Draco bit his tongue, refusing to show his apprehension. While he understood the...hesitance that Lucius was facing to essentially fail his father in attempting to figure out what he was, he could not really say that this was a wise decision. They were going to be leaving the Castle, and it was incredibly risky. 

"Very well," Draco sighed as he gave in. After all, there was literally nothing he could do other than to agree. If he denied them Severus and Lucius would be incapable of figuring out what he was and who knew how Abraxas would react to them failing to do which he had demanded. He refused to show such uncertainty continue, especially when it came to punishments. He would not wish to see them get hurt. Certainly not at his expense. He did not know what he would do with himself should that be the case. "But," He continued, casting a wary gaze at the two of them. "We must be ready. I do not know this Tom Riddle, nor have I ever heard of this man, so, I refuse to place myself into a situation without a decent survival rate. If he decides to fire curses for whatever reason, do not expect me to simply lie there, I shall retaliate." Draco said sternly, eyes dark and somewhat defiant. He was not going to simply let them do whatever. If they were going to go on this death trap of a journey they would do so in his terms, and with no sense of a compromise.

Lucius smiled at him gently. "I would not expect you to do so. You are a Malfoy, no matter what you end up presenting as." He said with a light laugh and a hand wave of dismissal, as though it were obvious.

"Just making the terms clear. " Draco replied easily, a look in his eyes that the two did not wish to particularly look into, but even still there was a smile on his face. The similarities to Lucius continued to pile and Severus was not too sure what to make of it.

"I know this is a tentative situation but I assure you, no matter what actually happens, we will make it out of knockturn alley safely." Severus said, bringing the topic back to where it was meant to be. Draco glared deep into Severus' eyes. The other was somewhat surprised at how heated it was. 

"I do not care for that." Draco huffed. "Just make sure that things go smoothly. I duo not want to have to deal with extra complications. We are already going to be sneaking out of Hogwarts, and back in. Do not make it harder than it needs to be. "