40

Draco's transition was not finished by the next morning, or even the next night. Lucius was getting nervous, and he could see that even Tom seemed to get a bit anxious. His transition was lasting way too long, and Lucius was getting nervous that perhaps it was going to be his death. There was not much that anyone could do except let Tom be next to Draco, and try and help mitigate the symptoms but what else could they do?

Lucius was fretting. Severus was trying to calm him, but he really couldn't. Abraxas was not able to stay in the Hospital Wing the entire time of his transition, having to leave the end of the day, which was rather difficult on his father, he knew. All in all, Lucius was wondering if they could not bring someone from St. Mungos in to try and help figure things out and ensure that nothing was wrong. It was just hard to see Draco like this when he was rarely if ever like this. Though of course Lucius had only known Draco for a few several months, but at the end of the day, it was still nerve wracking. Lucius was about ready to run his hands through his hair, something he was never allowed to do and never allowed himself to do. It was unbecoming of an Heir to show their stress so obviously.

Of course what was becoming or unbecoming of an Heir did not matter at the moment, considering Lucius was quite certain that his stress was quite obvious to everyone who would look upon him at the moment. Lucius was grateful that the Hospital Wing had been slightly fixated. Nobody was allowed in the Hospital Wing whilst Draco was in his transition, though the issues remained as to where the other students would go to get aid. That was of course, swiftly handled by Tom, who suggested the empty classrooms down the hall. The newfound hospital area handled the rest of the students, though it was far from ideal, and Lucius was well aware that everyone would be grateful when Draco was finally able to get out of the Hospital Wing.

Draco himself was not able to really think about the joys of that, because he was still almost entirely out of it. His Transition was not even close to coming to a close. Their transitions were dangerous, but Lucius was having a rather difficult time trying to figure out why it was that his was so bad. Sure, it would be difficult to handle, but this was getting just a little bit out of hand. Lucius was definitely concerned.

"If you want someone from St. Mungos to help," Tom said, finally annoyed by his restless pacing up and down the empty hospital wing. "Then just call for one. It is not as though you are lacking in the ability to do so, and at least it may help allay your fears of what is happening, though I truly do not believe there is much to worry about."

"not much to worry about?" Lucius hissed, his eyes narrowing towards Tom. "That may be all good and well and easy for you to say, but from where I am standing this transition is way too long, and is way to complex, far more so thana normal, which means it is not normal. I just can't understand why the nurse hasn't already called for someone from St. Mungos to hurry up here!"

"Perhaps because though it is longer than normal, at least it hasn't spiked one way or the other." Tom suggested, shrugging his shoulders. "It does not really matter in the end though, does it? The whole point is to help Draco through a transition, not to figure out the source of the abnormalities. His fever has not gotten worse, and his chills are just about the same as they were two days ago." Lucius huffed, but did not argue.

Tom had compelling evidence, after all. He was correct, it was just that Lucius was having a difficult time...Too emotionally involved. Tom thought to himself with a displeased hum. It is unfortunate. I never thought the Malfoy Heir would be so awfully emotional, and in my presence as well. There must be little shame. The situation is unnerving of course, and I can see that, but I do not understand what the whole freaking out of this causes.

"I...suppose in that way we could..." Lucius hedged nervously. Tom narrowed his eyes.

"If you are hesitant, why are you getting agitated if you are not willing to handle the fix."

"Father would be frustrated." Lucius admitted slowly, nervously ripping through his lips. Tom centered on the nervous tic curiously. Lucius was one that tried very hard to keep himself at the prime of expectations, excepting around Tom it would seem, which was somewhat annoying to some extent.

"Then talk to him about it first, I am not really seeing the issue here, Lucius, if you want a solution I provided one for you, if not, don't continue to freak out like this, it does not make any sense."

"Yes, My Lord," Severus cut in, hauling Lucius back a few steps, and silencing him with a glare. "You have a point, and Lucius, you cannot deny that." Lucius growled lowly. "Enough of that," Severus hissed, his eyes narrowing darkly. "I am not going to have you giving me attitude because you decide you have issues. Our Lord has given you a solution, if you want to take it, take it, and screw whatever Abraxas would think, since he is not the one you are worried about."

Lucius' posture seemed to slag forwards in a rather distinctly uncharacteristic view of the Malfoy. "You are right, I should be more reassured of myself." Lucius muttered under his breath. "Thank you My Lord, I should not have freaked myself out like that." Tom scoffed, rolling his eyes towards the Malfoy Heir, watching as his fists clenched in annoyance at the disrespect. Sometimes, it was quite fun pressing the Heir's buttons. Tom certainly enjoyed it quite a bit.