32

Lucius continued to mentally curse his stupidity as he explained verbally what was going on so that Draco would be transferred to the Hospital Wing. At the very least, they needed a slightly more secure location for him, and it was unlikely that they would be allowed to move him off of Hogwarts site. Moving a person so far was...not necessarily ideal. It would be better, considering that Tom Riddle, the person that Draco had chosen to help him subconsciously, was there for him, but Lucius also did not want to take any risks. It did not take long for everyone in the common room to quickly band together. 

Part of this was due to the simple fact that Slytherins have each others back, at least, in the most technical sense and when it came to outside the common room. It was important to instill this sense of unity. They already had enough problems with the rest of the school, they most certainly did not need extra problems by potentially spreading rumors that Slytherins were not as close knit as others may think. Tom Riddle once more took effortless control of the situation, as he had done during multiple occasions that Lucius was at school. It was jarring, to see it once again. This time, with Draco curling against perhaps one of the most dangerous people in the young generations of wizards, and perhaps even further. 

"Come now, all of us together." Tom spoke clearly, and with an obvious sense of leadership that...suffice it to say perhaps it was pitiful that Lucius seemed to not really have. He had leadership, of course, but Tom...Tom was on a different level than Lucius. He had cultivated that fear himself, drilled it into people. Such a thing...it was a tad bit more admirable. As it were, everyone obeyed him, immediately. Who would not? With one of the Princes' curling themselves into the body of the young man, and the other two merely adhering to the verbal commands. Not to mention, Tom's influence still bounced about the school at times. It was likely how they had even managed to make it through the halls undetected in the first place. 

Sometimes, Lucius felt as though Tom was more entwined with the school than just being the Heir of someone who lived there. The ruler of a gigantic, deadly snake, and having access to a forbidden room under the school. He could not quite explain how it was that they had managed to get through to the Hospital Wing unnoticed by anyone. Teachers, students...it seemed almost ludicrous. He knew that Tom was powerful, but he doubted that the other had used magic in order to do such a thing, he would have felt a wave over them, and yet he had not felt a single thing. It would have to have been Tom's doing, though, there was no real doubt of that. Lucius knew well enough that he was as strange as one could get. It also would not surprise him if the other had some sort of...influence on the choices that the School made, he was, after all, the heir to one of the founders. 

They burst through the hospital wing in quite some flair. Typical of Tom, was really the only thing that either Lucius or Severus could think of when they burst through the doors, the rest of the Slytherins hanging back, as would have been typical of any situation really. They had not even needed the instruction to do so, just stopped outside the entrance. Tom continued, Draco having been lifted into his arms quite some time ago, the boy still clinging to him desperately. It made Lucius quite uncomfortable to see, but even he knew the pain of a transition. As much as Tom may play pretend, he had knowing the pain of it too. 

"Oh my, what happened?" Madam Promfrey asked quickly, her breath catching as she saw Tom carry Draco in. She did not ask any more questions, a penchant of the Medical Witch's for which had Lucius respect her greatly. It must be quite difficult, particularly in situations where she saw a previous student who theoretically should no longer have any reason to be in the school, or even have access to the school in the first place. 

"He is in the middle of his transition," Tom said calmly. "Considering he refused to leave the school...we brought him here. It was the best that I could think of to do." He gently laid Draco on the hospital bed. Draco quickly clung back to his arm when Tom tried to take it away. Pomfrey took one glance at the entwined hands and cut off any sort of hesitation as she demanded the elder boy to stay with Draco. 

"Obviously he wants you with him." She said simply. "It would be worse if we forcibly separated you two at the moment." 

"Ah, madam, what about Professor Dumbledore?" Tom asked, allowing his teeth to catch on his lip in a move of nervousness. "I am afraid he is not exactly the biggest fan of me. I know you are going to tell him about Draco, and also Mr. Malfoy, but...once Professor sees me, he is not exactly going to be keen on allowing me to stay." 

"Well, what he wants is not relevant. My duty is to the students, and it is obvious that young Draco's well being heavily depends on your staying where you are. There is no telling what he would do if we refuse him your company, I would prefer not to risk a catatonic patient all because the Headmaster does not want someone in the school." Pomfrey said, not taking any other questions. Tom gave a victorious look back towards Severas and Lucius. It was clear that they had both been meant to hear that as a deterent to stop them from trying to create some sort of plot to get him to leave.