Part 3

Draco's mind was working three times faster. He had woken up not too long ago and had been trying to figure out what was wrong the entire time. There was one thing that he knew for sure. It was not time magic; that much he was certain of. Not only was time magic incredibly difficult, but it was impossible to use accidentally. As such, his father being only a year older than he was not the source of time magic. Which only left one option: dimension shifting.

But that was only possible to do by accident if one had a direct connection with the dimension within which they were traveling. Which would mean that he would have had to have been conceived in this dimension, and traveled through to a different dimension and born there. Which would mean his mother was originally from this dimension, and given her age in the dimension she was in now, she could not have been betrothed to Lucius, and the baby could not have been his. Not to mention the fact that Lucius now was not old enough to have been betrothed yet anyways. Yet, he was, by blood, and on record, 100% pureblood, of Malfoy and Black descent, and consummated within marriage. Which would mean that his mother would have had to have conceived him with the current head of the Malfoy house.

It was the only thing that would explain his ability to travel here accidentally. He had not meant to do anything. His magic had simply reacted to him almost dying. It also was the only thing that would explain his lineage via blood to both dimensions. He was a Malfoy in both dimensions... Something which relieved him somewhat. At least he knew for sure that he would be a Malfoy no matter what. He was glad of it. His entire world was around the Malfoy bloodline. He did not know what he would do if it was revealed that he was not truly a Malfoy.

Wait. That meant his father was his brother. His grandfather his father, and his godfather his.... what would he even be? Draco had never really understood the odd relationship between his godfather and father. All of this swiftly registered within Draco's mind like a bolt of lightning. He was frozen from the realization of this. It also meant he was stuck here. One can only traverse dimensions once in a lifetime. It was well known. Funny, my mum was the one telling me about all of this only a few years ago after Father started beating me. I guess she hoped I would escape at some point. Draco sighed, mentally of course. She had her own faults and flaws, but at least she did grow to truly care for me. This is evidence of that. But, it also means that I am forced to stay here. Draco looked up at his father/brother's face from under his eyelashes. Oh Salazar I am going to have to get used to that. Bloody Merlin, this is going to be so weird.

"I know that this is rather shocking for you," Lucius began. Draco just stared at him. He did not give away his emotion; however, mentally he was wondering why it was that Lucius' tendency to state the obvious seemed to travel in both worlds. It was an interesting concept. He wondered what else was similar to the father he was used to. Would he... would he use violence as punishment as well? Perhaps, but Draco had no time to really dwell on the thoughts before Lucius continued. "But, as your Brother, I will protect you. No matter what. I know this is rather sudden."

"It is alright," Draco said, unable to quench the habit of being overly careful within Lucius' presence. His soft tone of voice and carefully hidden emotions were evidence of that, but who could truly blame him for that one. A different dimension or otherwise this man was still Lucius, was still at least some form of his father.

"I do not know what happened to you when you were with Mother, and I will not press it." Draco inhaled, ready to ask a question, before quickly deflating. He would not dare. He could not bring himself to do it. Thoughts of how he would react, would he be punished for speaking out of turn? Without being directly called upon. He was only moments into this new world and already forgetting the rules. He did not know how to act.

"What is it?" Lucius asked, having seen the desire to ask something in his body language. He was watching him closely. Waiting for some sort of giveaway, though he was not really sure what he was looking for.

"I was wondering what your... your mother's name was." Draco said, voicing his words carefully.

"Narcissa Malfoy, formerly Black." Draco sighed. It was mother alright. "Why?"

"I just wanted to make sure. After all, you are claiming to be my brother. My older one at that." Draco said, controlling his tone.

"It is not just being claimed." Draco looked up, staring at Severus who had just walked in the door slamming behind him. His... something of this dimension. "The blood testing has already been done, and this has been confirmed. If you have any doubt you may ask the current head of Malfoy, Abraxas." Draco lowered his head.

"Sorry, I did not mean anything rude. It is simply a lot to take in." Lucius smiled.

"I understand." Draco was momentarily stunned. If anything had been confusing or doubtful of his being in another world, Lucius smiling eradicated all doubt of that. His Father rarely smiled, if ever. And it certainly never meant anything positive.

"I am sorry to trouble you further, but may I ask you to teach me the history? I am not well-informed on the family history, something that should probably be rectified." Lucius' eyes brightened.

"Of course!" He said happily. Severus smiled, shaking his head. Another odd sight to see. This... this was going to take quite a bit of getting used to.