Universe's past Universe's present

Draco was relieved that he had  been granted permission. Not that it would have stopped him even if he had not, should he be entirely honest with himself, but it definitely did make things much easier in that regard. His father knew him more then he knew himself, and most times he would bet that Lucius would assume that he would attempt to find a way around him either way, and while Draco was sure that he would have managed to figure out a way to beat his father eventually, in the battle of wits, he had snuck out of his room several times before after all, and the manor as well, it was definitely easier to have his father's approval. That way he did not have to go wandering around and sneaking about. 

Severus was...conflicting. Draco cared for Severus, and the other man had always been someone that Draco could rely on, the few that he would be able to trust as the times began to get darker and darker and his father more rough and harsh. More...cruel...in his punishments and general disposition, and Draco himself would find comfort in Severus' gentle words and calm and relaxed demeanor. This Severus was very different from the one that he was used to, however. Though that was understandable, he was still young. Living with his muggle father if this universe kept to his own's timeline on that. Severus would not kill his muggle father until he turned seventeen, and thereby escape the cruelty that the man would reap upon him every summer. 

Draco was not entirely sure if he should trust either though. He could not really...settle his emotions on the topic. This Lucius was nothing like his father, at least not in the violent ways. He most certainly had the ability to become his father, but this...this Lucius was much different. Perhaps it was because he had not been raised by a power meglamaniac Voldermort in the midst of a Wizarding War. Draco did not really know how much of what the Dark Lord had done influenced his father, but he was certain it was definitely not in a good way. However, certain things were obviously the same. It was similar with Severus. So, while Draco most certainly wanted to be able to separate his universe's Lucius and Severus with this universe's Lucius and Severus, it was very difficult, and he was not entirely certain that he was making as much leeway as he had hoped in the beginning. 

He knew that he was bound to have some drawbacks considering the past that he had, but he could not be overly suspicious. That is what made many things difficult. His innate hatred of Harry Potter, and his dislike of James Potter, but yet...having not known James Potter it was clear which of the Potter twins held a majority of his dislike. Certain things like that, it was simply hard to really explain, and he had no good reason to dislike one person over another other then to admit that it was a 'feeling' which would eventually not become good enough. Not for anyone who had some modicum of intelligence and could realize that there was something more going on. Draco could not exactly hide himself for forever. He knew that, though that would not stop him from trying. 

Another worry was this Tom Riddle. He knew that the Dark Lord was capable in Legitimacy, and while he was a decent Occlumens, he could not say that he would manage to best the Dark Lord, he was nowhere near his universe's Severus' level, and even then there was some close calls from what his godfather had admitted when he thought Draco was not able to hear him. He had known that his godfather had favoured his privacy, but sometimes, Draco wondered what the benefit of that was. He knew that should the Dark Lord truly wish, he could destroy Draco's defenses easily. Assuming, of course, that he was anywhere close to where he was when Draco had known him. That was the problem then, though, was it not? 

His father, Severus, Tom Riddle, they were all so much younger, and he was not as familiar with the younger versions of his father, his godfather, and the Dark Lord, so he was not sure how similar these versions were to their younger counterparts. here was not much that he could do at the moment about that either way, other then try to get reacquainted with everything about him. There was so many differences, and yet despite soaking up as much knowledge on this universe's timeline, some things were so close. His irrational fear of Tom Riddle could be explained away given the teenager wreaked of power. It was only natural to fear those more powerful then yourself. It was nature, and those who did not were actual idiots. 

For now, Draco could not fret over these sorts of things, however. Though, Draco knew that he would have to think on them in detail at a later date, he could do that...at a later date. For now he  would have to think about how he was supposed to handle this dueling club. He had only gone to one dueling club before, and that was when he was in second year. Not only that but it had been so easy to best Potter. Draco had to admit, that finding a challenge to him magically, among the same year, was not...simple. He knew that he was capable, but his magical ability often spanned far above those of his peers. It was rather annoying when trying  to better himself. He could not ask for their aid, because he knew more then them. 

He would also have to worry about Abraxas finding out. His Grand...father, was not likely to take it well, and he would have to figure out a way to come up with a reason why it was a good idea,  versus a bad one. Just saying that he should learn to protect himself just was not going to cut it. He needed a more legitimate excuse. He knew that Abraxas would find out soon as well, things moved fast within PureBlood circles.